Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

iphone 7

Sheldon Cooper

Reaction score
Members Ride
String Theory
3.5mm jack for one. lol

We're nearing "peak phone" which means design is the biggest difference they're able to do.

I am also a fan of both - Apple and Android. I have had an S4, then 6 Plus, now S7 edge. The only thing Apple might have considered for the iPhone 7 is to shrink the chassis on the 7 Plus. I have the same display size on my S7 edge but the chassis is significantly smaller. But then I get why they don't want to - cost! Re-designing but mostly re-tooling would cost a LOT. And with the 10 year anniversary of the iPhone next year, I would say they're already focussed on development of that release.

But like Jecs said, buy what you want, what you like. Nobody is forcing you. They both have pros and cons. I like a **** load about both but I also dislike a decent amount about both too. At the end of the day, either meet my needs.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
The only good thing is the waterproofing everything else is no better than the old model except by an increment.

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
the whole jack situation really doesnt phase me. i could probably count on my right hand how many times ive used it on my S5.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
What about a nice Nokia Lumia with a nice MS Phone OS. One thing that I know that is superb is the camera.

To me, believe it or not, the best phone I ever owned was a Blackberry 9100 Bold. Some about the keyboard that felt just like a real keyboard.

Sheldon Cooper

Reaction score
Members Ride
String Theory
I really miss my Blackberry 9100 Bold!

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Blackberry, gross - I don't love iOS devices but I'd take an iOS device over a BB any day of the week.

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman LS1, VX Commodore
"But is exploding into a fiery mess a feature of the iPhone 7?

No?

Samsung has had that feature for aaages Apple is so behind the times"

I'd rather have something that works and works well. You only really get that with a iPhone and going from mobile devices I've had the displeasure of trying and using in the past.

My 4s lasted me years. I upgraded to a 6 plus a few months after they became available and have no plans to upgrade any time soon.

As for the 3.5mm jack deletion? I don't get why everyone is loosing their minds. You plug the included headphones into the Lightning port instead - end of story. In my cars I stream music via Bluetooth to the sound system and I've got AirPlay speakers at home.

Besides in a few months time you'll be able to choose from a million different brands, models and styles of lightning headphones anyway that will be available everywhere and probably be very cheap for basic ones.

Sheldon Cooper

Reaction score
Members Ride
String Theory
I'd rather have something that works and works well. You only really get that with a iPhone

That's not a fact. That's your opinion. Fact is almost all phones work, and work well. You just need to pick which one works in the way you prefer. Obviously for you, that's an iPhone.

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
The entire 3.5 jack reminds me off when apple ditched the 30 pin connector. Or when they removed the floppy drives, or when they removed the optical drives. Move technology forward. I don't know what people expect from a new phone, there's only so much that can be done in way of features and design. So of course its going to be mainly hardware upgrades.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Its the whole beta vs VHS all over again, lightning port vs usb c. Apple and its propriety connectors, buy a new cable for your iphone 5, now you have to buy a new cable for your headphones.