Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is an sv6 fast?

Status
Not open for further replies.

All5litres

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE Omega
Well maybe I'm just getting old but IMO 195kw is nothing to laugh at, sure it's no tyre shredding monster but it's more than enough to get you into a shitload of trouble and is more power than the old 5 litre makes. Also I like how the SV6 looks, with the bodykit etc.

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
I would suggest an old Commodore/ Sunbird with the Starfire 4 would be a good car for you to start with!!!

Capsule

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE Omega
Well maybe I'm just getting old but IMO 195kw is nothing to laugh at, sure it's no tyre shredding monster but it's more than enough to get you into a shitload of trouble and is more power than the old 5 litre makes. Also I like how the SV6 looks, with the bodykit etc.

I certainly wouldn't put a 195kw car in the hands of a chev badge lover. Where is he from? Not Brisbane I hope, I'm old too but I still have a fair bit of years ahead of me, ahah.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
get a 4wd and laugh at your mates in their bolt-on-boy fast cars sitting on the road while you are setup on the beach for the night fishing and having a cold one ;)

I have always liked the saying "you can got fast but I can go anywhere"

at the end of the day you can have a 400rwhp v8 with all the tunes and otrs and cams so low it scrapes on anything higher than 5mm but you can still only do 50kph in built up areas.
a Datsun 180b can do 50kph.

so unless you are going to be taking your car to the track fast just isn't something you should be worried about.
if you speed on public roads it will end up costing you $$$ and your license, then you will be "that cyclist" everyone talks about these days.
now with dash cams being the popular get me a viral video tool and the police now acting on footage, they don't even need to be near you when you are going fast.
it can be that rusted old 80 series landcruiser you pass like its standing still that gets you into trouble with the police.

imo v8/fast just isn't worth having as you can still only do the speed limit.
but hey what would I really know I drive a 4wd, to me a sedan or a wagon is the "wifes" car.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
I'm surprised this has gone on for 4 pages , when we are probably being trolled .

Moeydriftking

Reaction score
Members Ride
What is this
I'm not even trolling. I don't want a car to speed or race, I follow the speed limit never go over, I've got a brain. I just want something that will look nice and people think is fast even though I'll never race it, I'll just talk **** about why my cars faster.

Also 2006 ve you can get one for around 8 - 10k with around 180, 000km. Id keep the car for a more then a few years so wouldn't really be wasting money.

Also why not a chev badge on an sv6? Ss have them and visually they look identical and the chev badge looks alright.

C B

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY II Storm Ute
... that will look nice and people think is fast even though I'll never race it, I'll just talk **** about why my cars faster.
But why? :hmmm: You're on your P's, who gives an ef if your car isn't "fast"? As stated before, an SV6 has got plenty of power to get you into trouble.

Also why not a chev badge on an sv6? Ss have them and visually they look identical and the chev badge looks alright.
Because it's a V6! People put them on an SS because it has a "Chev V8"... The Alloytec V6 is not a Chev engine, nor a V8 so there is no relation to Chev at all.

Moeydriftking

Reaction score
Members Ride
What is this
Yeah but ss and sv6 visually look almost identical. The only reason an ss owner would out chev badges on would be to make the car look better. Because the ss and sv6 are visually identical then putting the chev badge on will have the same affect and make the car look nicer

crew_man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6 Reserve Edition Sportwagon
No, the reason an SS owner would put a chev badge on is because the engine is built by Chevrolet.

The SV6 engine is built by Holden in Port Melbourne.

Status
Not open for further replies.