Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is anyone considering the NG commodore after their VF?

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY 17 SSV SOAG Redline
Interesting thread... agree comments re the 'auto expert' - he should be working at Bunnings...

We have a CX-5 (wife's ride)... i was never really a fan of the small SUV (fake plastic 4WD) market. However we tried the Captiva etc and the Mazda was just far superior... build quality, tech and looks to be honest...
Have had it 3 years and has never missed a beat...

Pains me to say... if there had been an equivalent Holden I would have pushed that way (I won't be caught dead in a ford) - but alas...

I definitely won't be looking at the NG 'commodore' - I'll be keeping the Redline...

If it comes time to upgrade she will be staying in the family as a special member... only thing i would probably look at after that would be a BMW... I won't have the money for lambo or Ferrari...

H

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
FYI (from a SPAMmail from Wheels):

2018-Holden-Calais-Sportwagon.jpg

2018-Holden-Calais-Sportwagon-front.jpg

2018-Holden-Calais-Sportwagon-wheel.jpg

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
It would be nice if the new model could at least score its own grille instead of using an Opel one with the Holden badge just replacing the Opel one.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Why would they camo around the headlights only ?

Surely it can't be that special.

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
Wow, nothing special. It blends in with the rest of them.

VFII•17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SS-V Redline Sedan LMF
Absolutely not... and to be honest - I sure as hell hope that "Just Commodores" does not create a NG Commodore section to post under. Maybe rename the site "Just Aussie Commodores"

Why? It is still a Commodore. No Aussie Commodore is 100% Aussie. A good example is the last V8 LS3 engine that everyone is dying to get into their last VFII V8 (including me) is built in Mexico. So an Aussie V8 Commodore is really an Aussie Mexican-built-V8 Commodore!

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
And what percentage Aussie will the NG Commodore be?

Hint: same percentage as my interest in owning it.

Why? It is still a Commodore. No Aussie Commodore is 100% Aussie. A good example is the last V8 LS3 engine that everyone is dying to get into their last VFII V8 (including me) is built in Mexico. So an Aussie V8 Commodore is really an Aussie Mexican-built-V8 Commodore!

VFII•17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SS-V Redline Sedan LMF
Nope, don't need any of it.
Driver assist aids are a w@nk imo and are only there to assist inept and poorly skilled drivers. I've survived perfectly well without them and don't intend to start using them now.
As for Android/Carplay, I was perfectly happy using cd's for my music and a Melway instead of a gps.
While I am not against progress and I see a lot of merit in new tech, I think a major downside is that it has made people dumb, lazy and inattentive.

I believe approx 80% of drivers are poorly skilled drivers. All these drivers aids do assist in safer driving, but sometimes the driver is too stupid to act or react to the alerts.

As for Android/Carplay, welcome to today's technologies. As for CDs, welcome to the 90's!

I am fairly good with maps and directions - when I first started driving it just took one look in a Melway then I knew where to go and the best way to get there - that was because of my good perception of maps (and still is.) Most of my family, friends and people I know do not know how to read a map, nor know N/S/E/W, nor know which direction the city is and point in that direction for example. This is what a GPS is for - these people - stupid GPS...