Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is it difficult to lower a VX Commodore?

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
andy87 said:
How about this!
SET OF 4 KYB SHOCKS (SHORT SHOCKIES) SET OF 2 CAMBER KITS FOR REAR
SET OF REAR SUPER SUPER LOW KING SPRINGS & SET OF SUPER LOW KING SPRINGS AT THE FRONT FOR 450 - Put that in your pipe & Smoke It!
Melbourne Based too.

Wow, could you be any more rude?

Actually the price I was given was for shocks and springs for all four corners.

Are you saying that you're getting ALL of that stuff for $450? Because I don't believe it - unless they're second hand...

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
That's just for the springs and the camber kit.

How much is it for the KYB shocks and where from? That thing you posted is $379, that's $139 on top of the $240 for King Springs from GT Online - not a bad deal but what's the retail for the camber kit again?

ProphetVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
A Pushie
glen_56 said:
The wheels will tilt inward scrubbing out the inside of the tires.
All depends on which way you look at it, I was talking about the base of the wheels tilting outwards :D

ProphetVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
A Pushie
DavidPartay said:
That's just for the springs and the camber kit.

How much is it for the KYB shocks and where from? That thing you posted is $379, that's $139 on top of the $240 for King Springs from GT Online - not a bad deal but what's the retail for the camber kit again?
Nolathane 4 point camber kits go for around $250

A 4 point camber kit from pedders will cost you $310

So its a very good deal.

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
Pedders don't count.

That does seem like an alright deal. How about the shocks though?

ProphetVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
A Pushie
DavidPartay said:
Pedders don't count.

That does seem like an alright deal. How about the shocks though?
I only know prices of fully adjustable shocks, and you're looking at upwards of $900 for 8 setting adjustables.

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
Yeah, that's where the difference between the KYBs and Monroes comes, that's the same situation I was in when I was doing the front shocks in my VN. For the price, if you want fully adjustable shocks - go KYB, but if you just want a set of shocks, the Monroes are fine.

You can get the 2 point camber kit on eBay for $90, or two kits (from the same buyer) for $160. So for the VX wagon, you get the Monroe GTs plus King Spring Lows from GT Online for $625 + shipping (shocks and springs for all four corners) and then $160 for the camber kits - that's only $785 for the works. For someone like me who doesn't want to spend too big, that's fine, and I have never had a drama with my old Monroe GT shocks.

ProphetVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
A Pushie
DavidPartay said:
Yeah, that's where the difference between the KYBs and Monroes comes, that's the same situation I was in when I was doing the front shocks in my VN. For the price, if you want fully adjustable shocks - go KYB, but if you just want a set of shocks, the Monroes are fine.

You can get the 2 point camber kit on eBay for $90, or two kits (from the same buyer) for $160. So for the VX wagon, you get the Monroe GTs plus King Spring Lows from GT Online for $625 + shipping (shocks and springs for all four corners) and then $160 for the camber kits - that's only $785 for the works. For someone like me who doesn't want to spend too big, that's fine, and I have never had a drama with my old Monroe GT shocks.
I got lucky, a bloke on another forum contacted me wanting to sell some parts.

I got super lows, KYB fully adjustables for $500, fronts had never been used, rears had been fitted for a week.

Bought a camber kit for $250. So all up $750 for a setup that should've cost around the $1500 mark.

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
That's heaps good, pity those sorts of deals don't come up everyday!