Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
. What do you think might happen if a child had their head out through the window waving 'bye bye' to daddy/mummy and suddenly it closed (without warning) and strangled the child.

I think the bigger issue would be why the kid was driving on its own in the first place...

The auto up/auto down windows have an "anti-pinch" function, which does exactly that, when it senses that the window has not reached full extension, but meets some resistance it goes straight back down again. You can even have your finger in there and it wont crush it like a normal window would.

I suggest you do a bit of research before you start spouting claims of ADR's.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
What ADR does it state its illegal?

There are a few cars on the market that come from factory with this option...

The Golf Mk V has that feature, but to operate the windows, you hold the lock button down and the doors lock, then all window shut. The safety part is the fact that you have to hold the button down, though - the windows don't close automatically.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
I think the bigger issue would be why the kid was driving on its own in the first place...

The auto up/auto down windows have an "anti-pinch" function, which does exactly that, when it senses that the window has not reached full extension, but meets some resistance it goes straight back down again. You can even have your finger in there and it wont crush it like a normal window would.

I suggest you do a bit of research before you start spouting claims of ADR's.
Come on man, without misinformation, there wouldn't be any need for the internet.

The Golf Mk V has that feature, but to operate the windows, you hold the lock button down and the doors lock, then all window shut. The safety part is the fact that you have to hold the button down, though - the windows don't close automatically.
As said, this is how the aftermarket kits work. They don't just randomly go up, like people suggest.

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
As above, its usually an aftermarket alarm that does that sort of stuff. Seen one that close the sunroof automatically aswell as the windows

i think from the vy's up the sunroof closes automatically from factory, not sure about earlier models tho

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
i think from the vy's up the sunroof closes automatically from factory, not sure about earlier models tho

Never had a factory sunroof to know. Wish i did tho :(

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
somtimes they're overrated.

S

Sash182

I thought it was standard on all hsv's as my mates R8 has it. It's a box that just plugs into the bcm.

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
I thought it was standard on all hsv's as my mates R8 has it. It's a box that just plugs into the bcm.

My senator has this feature on the wndows but I do not use it although the sunroof is still working that way.
In summer when the car is on the driveway I leave the windows down a little but the sunroof closes as soon a you lock the car.

So what are some decent aftermarket kits for this?

do they work well??

Here is a kit that is on ebay fairly regularly:
HOLDEN COMMODORE VU-VY-VZ CHEV HSV REMOTE WIND0W LIFT - eBay, Other Car Parts, Accessories, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 01-Dec-09 21:30:28 AEDST)