Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[LS3] Is the Euro 5 VFII affected by detuning... is it 304?

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Please read the preceding posts before commenting again off the cuff.
Again I direct you to the SQP results above, credible and repeatable.
I didn't think so.
This section is not about thoughts or perceptions? Opinions? That’s entirely your right in conversation elsewhere but here, how about some facts?
I realise you two old Magic Wax lovers (Elmo and Cuda) live to carry on with opinion regardless of forum rules, like the grumpy old men on the Muppets.
Not trolling? Not welcome to ask stupid unrelated questions on all and sundry.
If you and elmo want some answers how about you contribute more than opinion.
Happy to discuss the topic fellas, otherwise read the rules regarding dropping in with one liners in tech threads.

Last edited:

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Ok. I was asking a legitimate question around their (SQP) results vs your quoted rule of thumb of badge KW / 1.27, as it doesn't add up. I thought you may have had an answer, but I doubted it. Your "no" answered my question.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Happy to discuss the topic fellas, otherwise read the rules regarding dropping in with one liners in tech threads.

That's what the 'Report' link is for....

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
That's what the 'Report' link is for....
No, I realise as well as most members here, that’s your MO Elmo. Just not in me to be a dog tell tales cross forums make up rubbish and try to hurt someone with lies, stinking thinking and rumour.
Its never been my thing, disgusting poor form - shady girly backstabbing without facing up and talking it through.
I ignore insidiously nasty people who troll and trail me bait me and dob on me, that’s why I ignore your crap, you are a tell-tale rumour-mongering dob artist and I will never give you more than this shrift.
So go ahead and Report THAT. Else do the right thing and ignore me. Like I asked politely once before, leave me alone.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
No, I realise as well as most members here, that’s your MO Elmo. Just not in me to be a dog tell tales cross forums make up rubbish and try to hurt someone with lies, stinking thinking and rumour.
Its never been my thing, disgusting poor form - shady girly backstabbing without facing up and talking it through.
I ignore insidiously nasty people who troll and trail me bait me and dob on me, that’s why I ignore your crap, you are a tell-tale rumour-mongering dob artist and I will never give you more than this shrift.
So go ahead and Report THAT. Else do the right thing and ignore me. Like I asked politely once before, leave me alone.

You are very good at abusing members, especially new members.
It went too far, so I hit the report button once!
The mod obviously agreed, there may have been other reports as well.
Just ask the moderator who sin binned you! Probably the same mod that informed you who submitted the report...

Still waiting for an answer about the advantages of VVT when the intake lobes and exhaust lobes are on the same cam core?

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Robust discussion is one thing but I must say, the discussion here is getting pretty tiresome from all points.

monty_vfssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV S2 Redline
Robust discussion is one thing but I must say, the discussion here is getting pretty tiresome from all points.
Valid question in regard to inflated kw figures, that are well above holdens marketing stats. Thread seems too biased to be in a tech section.

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
Holden official figures quoted using ECE standard, HSV official figures quoted using DIN standards and most aftermaket dyno operators quoted figures are SAE standard. According to google, each of these standards vary from each other and will produce different results.
If this is the case then it's a wasted effort as all 3 standards will not match up to each other.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Holden official figures quoted using ECE standard, HSV official figures quoted using DIN standards and most aftermaket dyno operators quoted figures are SAE standard. According to google, each of these standards vary from each other and will produce different results.
If this is the case then it's a wasted effort as all 3 standards will not match up to each other.
Not that much difference and yes where correction standard is known can easily convert. There is more to the explanation than dyno difference. For example:
Ok. I was asking a legitimate question around their (SQP) results vs your quoted rule of thumb of badge KW / 1.27, as it doesn't add up. I thought you may have had an answer, but I doubted it. Your "no" answered my question.
No problem, I meant that this is not the subject of this thread and opens up a can of worms, that I would explain it in another thread, not here. Anyways the gist is that the 260 fwkw of the L76 was with ex-truck VVT cam 12607715 degreed to safe yet not ideal results ~205 rwkW. L98 also used ex-truck VVT cam 12612274 from August 1, 2007, with it’s different events produced more than 270 / 1.27 = 212.5 rwkW in real world testing.
From April 1, 2009 VVT the L76 camshaft was replaced with 12625438 aka 2009.5 in the US, has much more lift and degreed differently.
So suffice it to say as a side note to the thread topic that three different cams, some huge confusion over degreeing. Yet GM’s line was same engine (cam) just detuned auto coz AFM. Yes, there is a precedent for this anomaly.