Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is the redline worth it?

Paulie81

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII Prussian Steel SS-V Redline Manual
HUD is good but you can live without it. We didn't opt for it in my wifes BMW X3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS-V & VU S1
Btw VF2 SSV have satnav & HUD standard! Have it in my 2016 Ute!

+1
I have a series II SSV manual - The standard equipment that came with it were:
-Nav (never use it!)
-HUD (I love it, especially up in the twisties using the G Force and Progressive Shift Change Indicators is pure awesomeness)
-Full Leather interior
-Rims: they're the same as what's on the Calais
-Exact same dash as the Redline, only difference is the 'SSV' embroidery has a white 'V' as opposed to a red 'V' in the Redline
-Colour screen for the display between the tacho and speedo
-Same leather steering wheel as the Redline, minus the forward collision button
-Same taillights as the Redline

That's all I can think of for now..

When I was in the market, I was only after the standard SS. The mrs liked the interior more in the SSV with the leather etc so we stretched the budget for it. As much as I like the Redline, there was no way we could have stretched our coin for it! And besides, all you lot at the time were fighting for Redline stock while old mate SSV sat in the corner collecting dust. I gave it a home!

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline
Having stepped up from the poverty pack SS to a Redline, the only thing i find useful is the HUD.. The rest of the extras i can live without.

The sunroof is a good as useless as it has wind noise at anything above 50kph.

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
I’m one that loves the HUD, ever since I first experienced it Dad’s CalaisV in 2013.
By 2016 we had a Blackline SV6 ute with HUD as standard which is how quick these ‘luxury’ options moved down the range. You can always turn it off if you don’t like it.

Was also standard on our 2017 SS wagon. I really wouldn’t be without it unless I had no choice....mind you if it was one of those silly little plastic screens that sits on the steering wheel as I see on some of the SUVs ads, I’d refuse to have one...cheap looking little plastic dust collectors IMO.

dimetime

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais 6lt
I had a similar situation when i was looking for a vf, ended up with the redline due to brakes/bose sound/wheels/much superior interior (including full leather seats, carbon accents and thick flat bottem steering wheel) and push button start
and +1 for hud, couldnt live without it!

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
^ I think SSV had the same steering wheel, keyless access (inc. pushbutton start), seats & trim as SSV ... ?

sequal

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV
Yep, I have an SSV.

Different brakes, no bose sound, different non-staggered wheels, no sunroof, no front collision warning. The rest is the same. Same HUD, same steering wheel, same pushbutton, same rear lights, same trim, colour dash etc.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
^ Yours is a VF2 though, HUD wasn’t available on SSV when we bought our SSVR (can’t recall whether SSV got the flappy-paddles in MY15 either).