Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is this normal..

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
hummm. thankyou morton. ive got lowered shockers in the front too... but do you think the coils could be the culprit of the jingly noise??

it sounds like theyre money in there, and holden4life and i are convinced the vn is gonna start spitting out money and start paying me back slowly... cause we cant find what the noise is!!

i even had my little bro like, run next to the car when i went over a bump trying to hear where it was coming from.. its definately a rattle and its only been there since mondayish.
Firstly no one makes front shocks to suit lowered springs for a VN. I have supers in the front and ultras in the ass of my VN and there is no coil bind in them what so ever.

Brin

GOT MANG?
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Something fully mangin'
stock springs in front versus kings super lows...

Attachments

• ven441.jpg
    ven441.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 139
  • Profile Pic.JPG
    Profile Pic.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 143

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Mind taking a pic of your front springs, Striker? I wouldn't mind comparing them to the other ones I've seen :)

Brin

GOT MANG?
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Something fully mangin'
Firstly no one makes front shocks to suit lowered springs for a VN. I have supers in the front and ultras in the ass of my VN and there is no coil bind in them what so ever.

have a look at the shocks in my pic - the fronts - monroe gas gt lowered shocks.

the back ones in that pic are for a wagon so i have pedders comfort shocks in the rear

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
That's sitting perfectly for superlows, Brin :) No sag there.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
have a look at the shocks in my pic - the fronts - monroe gas gt lowered shocks.

the back ones in that pic are for a wagon so i have pedders comfort shocks in the rear

They're a different insert, but not actually a "shorter shock" so-to-speak. Your strut is still a standard piece of machinery :) You can get entire Monroe or Pedders struts that are physically shorter. If you buy one of these, it's possible that there are springs available for them that won't bind so much when static.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Mind taking a pic of your front springs, Striker? I wouldn't mind comparing them to the other ones I've seen :)
I'll try but with a 19" its hard to get a pic.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
haha yeah, I'll forgive you if the picture's no good at all ^_^

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS

Yes there version of low is no more the 25mm from standard................which is FE2. They don't make something suitable for superlows or ultralows.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
As you can see the first two coils just touch but the rest are all free. The first coil isn't even a complete one, it's like a 1/2 coil to start.
18042009018.jpg