Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is this worth tuning...

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
Did it throw any errors without tune ?
can take a while some times to report the errors, but usually if it goes outside a preset amount of airflow per map/throttle value it will throw code eventually or if ur within that it may not at all, but u would want it to as it means u have made decent airflow changes

Emco

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf2 Ssv Redline
can take a while some times to report the errors, but usually if it goes outside a preset amount of airflow per map/throttle value it will throw code eventually or if ur within that it may not at all, but u would want it to as it means u have made decent airflow changes
Even when I got headers changed from stock to 1 3/4 long tube .. I had it tuned previously before new headers and once new headers got Installed I was expecting engine light to come on. After driving for a little over a week before it got tuned again it still didn't throw a code

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
Even when I got headers changed from stock to 1 3/4 long tube .. I had it tuned previously before new headers and once new headers got Installed I was expecting engine light to come on. After driving for a little over a week before it got tuned again it still didn't throw a code
usually tuner will go in and max out the tables that cause the error codes, then disable cat efficiency, rear 02's cell and few others straight away so then u wont get any codes in future from mods, i had a intake on mine was fine for many months and then got full exhaust extractors to mufflers and even without a tune took 4 weeks to throw the code