Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

"It's Offical" SAPOL has 40 of ZB's

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Quite the opposite....I've seen a heap of ZB's running around.....With all the talk on this forum relating to not seeing them, makes me believe people must be driving round with their eyes shut....Well, in Adelaide anyways....

same where I live , quite a few about , and a couple of new in Police livery too , and a couple of unmarked cars . i'll say it again , I don't mind them , actually a chap I know took an AWD one out for a test , and says it's a very good car , he currently has a Hyundai SUV and needs a vehicle to tow his boat , the Commodore wins on power and comfort he says .

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
So I guess after all the hoo ha dies down we'll all be back into Commodores again ? just like a German car originally ousted an Australian one back in 1978 ? and look how much of a icon that one became.

Kingswood ? ........... what Kingswood ???? I hear you all saying.

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
So I guess after all the hoo ha dies down we'll all be back into Commodores again ? just like a German car originally ousted an Australian one back in 1978 ? and look how much of a icon that one became.

Kingswood ? ........... what Kingswood ???? I hear you all saying.
Yeah. NAH.

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
Quite the opposite....I've seen a heap of ZB's running around.....With all the talk on this forum relating to not seeing them, makes me believe people must be driving round with their eyes shut....Well, in Adelaide anyways....
I think I have seen a couple here in NZ, but it's very hard to be sure when travelling at 100 kph, as they look so much like a Mazda.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I'm quite surprised someone hasn't commented that the current model Astra looks like a Mazda as well...To me and of course it's my personal opinion, the front of the current Astra looks like the new ZB Commodore...So when I see a new Commodore, I'm looking at the rear, just to make sure it isn't an Astra I'm seeing.

The Mazda grill is a lot more open when compared to the Commodore....So to me it's a lot easier to pick between the 2, no matter what speed I'm travelling

Last edited:

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
I'm quite surprised someone hasn't commented that the current model Astra looks like a Mazda as well...To me and of course it's my personal opinion, the front of the current Astra looks like the new ZB Commodore...So when I see a new Commodore, I'm looking at the rear, just to make sure it isn't an Astra I'm seeing.

The Mazda grill is a lot more open when compared to the Commodore....So to me it's a lot easier to pick between the 2, no matter what speed I'm travelling
True VC, but remember people see what they want to see....CA is currently doing a comparison between the ZB tourer and the Subie Outback. I laugh at those who say the front of the ZB looks ugly when I’ve never heard anyone say that about the Mazda6...so,which is it??..do they look the same or not, I ask??

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
True VC, but remember people see what they want to see....CA is currently doing a comparison between the ZB tourer and the Subie Outback. I laugh at those who say the front of the ZB looks ugly when I’ve never heard anyone say that about the Mazda6...so,which is it??..do they look the same or not, I ask??
They both look exttemely ugly.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
I personally feel they are a rather good looking car, why have Mazda sold so many M6's. I just think that the little anti off shore haters inside many of us is making us all very bloody minded.
As far as the general car buying public are concerned the question of warranties and reliability is a far bigger issue than has it got a V8 ?, has it got local content ? These issues are in the minority to car building companies as the average car buyer just gets in and gets to where they are going to, as the automobile is just another throwaway commodity only to be replaced in 5 years.

redvxr8clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 & VE SS
same where I live , quite a few about , and a couple of new in Police livery too , and a couple of unmarked cars . i'll say it again , I don't mind them , actually a chap I know took an AWD one out for a test , and says it's a very good car , he currently has a Hyundai SUV and needs a vehicle to tow his boat , the Commodore wins on power and comfort he says .
Might be worth looking into towball download. While the AWD ZB might have 2100Kg tow capacity, the towball load is only 90 Kg (I haven't seen this on Holden website, my source is carsales.com.au in the specs for ZB they list the ball weight for ZB at 90 Kg. Something to consider if you are towing anything much more than a box trailer with a ZB (quite a few Euros have ball weight at 5% of tow capacity whereas Aussie normal expectation is 10%).