Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I've got Gas

goose2

40. the new 20
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT BerlinaWagon/VZ exec wagon
Hi guys,just got a vt2angus(berlina..just a little bit fancy) on gas .not having had gas b4(except bundy frts)is there any type of oil i should use, prev owner serviced it every 5000 religiously,plan to keep this service plan 295k on dash.Also climate gives a burst of cool air every now and again(also new toy for me) set at 21deg is this the norm.Cheers:hmmm::hmmm:

RichoKidd

Obese Commodores
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sportswagon
Keep the valve saver topped up mate. And make sure, if its duel fuel, you flick it over to fuel once or twice a week

goose2

40. the new 20
Reaction score
Members Ride
thx vtkidd,running on ptrl for a while to lube things a bit,prev owner ran gas pretty permenant so a good run on juice is the call.

MkyHnly

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC SL/E 253 Project - BMW 328i Coupe Daily
i was always told by a guy who works at impco (gas company) that its always best to start the car on petrol, then flick to gas after that... less wear and tear on the engine
i dont have a gas car so i dont know 100%, but like richokidd said mate, always best to run it on petrol at some time during the week

hope this helps mate

goose2

40. the new 20
Reaction score
Members Ride
its a factory gas option(dealer fit)wont start/swap over in gear and starts on petrol then flicks over aparrently only thing holden book says is use 35ltrs a week fuel so it dos'nt go stale .no prob there.runs heaps beter on gas, maybe tuned for gas?.old vp went mon to thurs on 3/4 tank ,this one got to wed,put it down to "getting to know it"

strgas

GRA = REAL HP
Reaction score
Members Ride
MERC W124 / toys WB tonner WB Panelvan project
its not the oil thats important its how often you change it ? years of converting cars to gas and servicing and repairs to cars ive seen little difference in using gas recommend oil and standard engine oils , just dont leave the oil changes to long 20000+ kms isnt good for any oil mineral or synthetic , every 5000 km is great and will help to prolong engine life , running your car once aweek on petrol is good , industry recommends using 30 litres per month and on long drives ie melb to sydney a run for 100km up and back will help

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
hahahaha, love the angus comment. perfect for a berlina. keep ya services up and the car maintained and the gas should be ok.