Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For all things political Part 2

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by minux, Apr 4, 2011.

1. commodore665

commodore665 expat Saffa

Members Ride:
    2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
    When I find my code book I'll let you know .

2. Grennan

Grennan Slayer of Stupid Threads

Members Ride:
    VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
    Im starting to think on top of the IQ test for joining Just Commodores there also needs to be a psych test.

3. Skydrol

Skydrol Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    What I am on about is very simple.

Just a very skeptical person that does not take anything for granted.

4. Rajesh Koothrappali

Rajesh Koothrappali Banned

Members Ride:
    ya mum!
    Hey mate - I just hacked your webcam and took a photo of you!

[​IMG]

5. Reaper

Reaper Tells it like it is.

Members Ride:
    RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200 Landcruiser
    It's a fine line between healthy skepticisim and down right nuts. In your case the line could be as wide as a block of flats and you would still be well over it with plenty of room to spare.

Yes it's good to think about information and it's sources etc however you seem to think *every* piece of information is a major conspiracy well beyond what is presented into areas far more unlikely than what the evidence suggests.

6. Calaber

Calaber Nil Bastardo Carborundum

Members Ride:
    CG Captiva 5 Series 2
    Ahhh, finally. A simple and clear post that is easily understood.

How you can be so sceptical about so many issues, though, is difficult to comprehend. There actually ARE things in this world that ARE exactly as they appear - no tricks, no edits, no tomfoolery. Some of us are reasonably intelligent and manage quite well accepting things as we see and hear them, without worrying about spies, foreign agents, conspiracies or magnets and wires attached to our heads.

You should try it.

7. Skydrol

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    Good one; the post says a lot about you.

Never mentioned conspiracies or anything of that nature.
    Let us go the other way around.
    Prove me wrong with facts; tell me about some 1st hand experiences.

8. Calaber

Members Ride:
    CG Captiva 5 Series 2
    As an example, you are suggesting that the videos of the recent beheadings of foreign journalists are faked? Pretty clever camerawork, then, to depict a decapitation using nothing more than a knife, then placing the head on the back of the body, and it's all faked.

If you are unconvinced about that sort of graphic depiction of cruelty, then there's not much any of us here can do to convince you otherwise, I guess.

9. Skydrol

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    Not debating cruelty.
    If you want to see cruelty and gore watch "Faces of Death" and is perhaps more shocking and people paid to see it.

Just questioning the technical aspect on how the message was sent.

One of many possible hypothetical situations; just a scenario.
    Let us say some blokes in the Middle East make that video and let us say is not real.
    The main goal is to stir the population, create some mass hysteria.
    With the sole purpose to create a frenzy; now everybody will walk around scared of everyone.
    Just put people in a high alert to chase a ghost.

Here is an article that I read yesterday.
    Australia Raids Thwarted ISIS Beheading Plot

Can work both ways.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
  10. minux

minux Infidel Bear

Members Ride:
    300rwkw FG G6ET/Specialized Tarmac SL4
    No first hand experiences being witness to a beheading, first hand experience seeing the results of such beheadings.

You are kidding yourself if you think these videos are not real. Buy a pig, get a very sharp knife, I am not talking a run of the mill kitchen knife, then cut the head from the pig, you would be surprised as to how easy it is.
    Beheadings are nothing new for muslims, sharia calls for it, it has been happening for millennia. We also saw this in East Timor as a prime way for the insurgents to remove womens and childrens most important part of the body.

Join the armed forces, serve your country and see how these pigs fight, let me know how you go when you have 4 men in burkas shooting at you while they have women and children in front of them, would love to know if you pull the trigger or take the bullet to the head, let me know if you think war is bad defending good people who cannot defend themselves from people like this, let me know if you still end up believing the same wild theories. My guess, you will never sign up to help your country help other people in need, it would be too hard, I mean, I cannot see people like yourself willingly putting their life on the line to protect those who cannot protect themselves. It is easy to sit behind a keyboard and claim some wild bullshit stories, get out from behind the computer and go and witness what happens in these hell holes first hand.

11. Skydrol

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    With 20+ years, retired, way too much play time on the sand box; what about you?

I have one simple request.

Where is the body to give the person a proper burrial.

During the OIF deployments we searched for weapons of mass destruction; we found none.
    Can anybody confirm that, the fiasco was all over the news. Remeber the big boss saying that we had bad intel?

Would you deploy a team and look like Monty Pyhon searching for the Holly Grail?

The military has a simple plan; like Colin Powell said during Desert Storm when the media asked what was the Attack Plan.

"very simple. First we are going to cut it off, and then we are going to kill it."

That is how we roll, right?

I posted this before; the vast majority of the war mongers are the ones that never served.

12. Calaber

Members Ride:
    CG Captiva 5 Series 2
    Here's a question skydrol. How come suddenly your posts become so lucid?

13. Skydrol

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    Nothing to be distracted on a weekend

14. Rajesh Koothrappali

Members Ride:
    ya mum!
    It was Monday.

15. gopher

gopher Active Member

Members Ride:
    Car
    It would've been Sunday in America you dolt

16. Reaper

Members Ride:
    Ok - Tinhat brigade aside - what are peoples thoughts on the stepped up Australian involvement and the decree by ISIS to specifically name Aus on their list of targets?

17. Rajesh Koothrappali

Members Ride:
    ya mum!
    :p Yeah I realised that as I was typing... Meh :D

[​IMG]

This sums up my thoughts: http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/pub/237925-islamist-extremists-must-stopped.html

That said, I'll say it here too... Scary. VERY scary in fact as it won't necessarily be a targeted attack (at something like this weekend's AFL grand final, or Parliament House as two obvious examples). As we have already seen, it is likely to be a random attack on the streets in front of as many people as possible while being videoed. There are already 10s of thousands of hard line extremists in the country (by the admission of the current Muslim leadership) so attacks can (and most likely will) happen anywhere any time.

But there's a group considered to be worse than the IS extremists... Khorasan - from news.com.au: "US intelligence sources have revealed they have intercepted discussions from Khorasan that prompted a heightened terror alert among airlines and airports earlier this year, with mobile phones and laptops being banned on flights to the US from Europe, Africa and the Middle East. The director of US national intelligence James Clapper named the new terrorist organisation for the first time last week. Until now, US officials have been reluctant to name the group and its members. Khorasan is “engaging with al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula to develop a terror plot to bring down aeroplanes. ”Like the Islamic State, Khorasan spawned amid the confusion and turmoil wracking Syria. Feeding from the US-backed Muslim-based opposition to Syria’s President Assad, the terror cell is reportedly not interested in carving out a new caliphate. Instead, it draws inspiration from the September 11, 2001, attacks on the World Trade Centre and Pentagon. It is reportedly actively recruiting Islamic fighters with Western passports in order to conduct similar strikes."

And then there's this: "Now fears are centred about nonmetallic explosives being surgically implanted inside a suicide bomber’s body — where it would be invisible to metal detectors, explosive taste-tests and even physical pat-downs."

I was chatting about it over Skype with my Dad last night and we both remarked that when the Nazis wanted to destroy the way of life for millions of people they were hard to stop, and with smarter leadership could have won (arguably). And they were contained within Europe. Islam............ Islam is global.

For those who still think it's a joke or being blown out of proportion? Remember this guy?

In this screen grab, he had just finished beheading a soldier outside an Army barracks........................... in down town London!!!!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 23, 2014
  18. gopher

gopher Active Member

Members Ride:
    Car
    How often do you realise that you are wrong while typing yet continue to post regardless.
    Judging by some of your posts I'd say quite frequently

19. Calaber

Members Ride:
    CG Captiva 5 Series 2
    I think it's necessary because no Western nation can assume it won't be a target and the rest of the world can't expect the onus to fall on the US to do their fighting all the time. It's encouraging to see that a number of Arab nations have climbed on board (UAE, Jordan, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain) as it demonstrates just how out of step the IS is with mainstream Islam. It would be a very sorry state if all Arab nations held back, but there are some who obviously cannot be relied upon for support, which tends to indicate which way they think.

I'm wondering, though, just how effective the air attacks will be in reducing the IS to manageable numbers on the ground. I can't see this battle being fought in the air alone - eventually, troops will be required to mop up and ensure that areas have been totally cleaned out of IS scum. God help any soldier from the coalition who is captured.

20. Reaper

Members Ride:
    I agree with that. Further, I think the best thing that the broader (non whacko) islamic community can do is to march and take every opportunity to publicly denounce ISIS (and other terrorist groups) and explain they are nothing more than criminals and they should be the ones targeting for bringing shame on the name of Allah.

Air attacks won't do everything. I'm sure there are already special forces from various countries on the ground in operations not being talked about.