Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
It was the boss (one of those three females) who hired me.

That doesnt mean anything though. She may have been told to hire a male because shes hired 3 other females.

Im not saying thats the case here, but thats how it works in some instances.

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
That doesnt mean anything though. She may have been told to hire a male because shes hired 3 other females.

Im not saying thats the case here, but thats how it works in some instances.

I think you misunderstand, the lady who owns the business is the one who hired me. She's the one who does the telling.

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
Nah, small local business. Hence I said "the boss" as opposed to "the manager"

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
I would just like to reminisce about the Labor/Gillard days in relation to assylum seekers and their effect on the Navy.

6242_10151225889642915_560435449_n.jpg

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
^^^ The only difference being that a you usually have to pay for a taxi.

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
Labor criticises changes to fire payments | News.com.au

I saw comments on a separate article by people whining about how the government hates us all, blah blah blah, Phony Tony, etc.

When I saw all the comments on the other article I thought "Ok, so the changes must be reduced payments to people affected by the fire." What it ACTUALLY is is that people who haven't been injured and whose houses haven't been damaged or destroyed will get nothing. I don't see the problem beyond people expecting free handouts (that we all know they'll just go and spend on beer and a TV anyway).

If I owned a house and I didn't have insurance, and then for some reason it burns down, I would get nothing. So why should someone whose house didn't burn down or get damaged get free money just for living in a bushfire-affected area?

When I read the first article I thought the comments were justified (especially given the expenses issues), but now I've just realised that it's all the whiners expecting free handouts just for the hell of it making a fuss over something that actually is a non-issue.

Oh, and good on Tony for getting his hands dirty in the RFS. It's a pity so many people hide behind keyboards shouting about how terrible he is instead of getting out there and doing something themselves.

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
Labor criticises changes to fire payments | News.com.au

I saw comments on a separate article by people whining about how the government hates us all, blah blah blah, Phony Tony, etc.

When I saw all the comments on the other article I thought "Ok, so the changes must be reduced payments to people affected by the fire." What it ACTUALLY is is that people who haven't been injured and whose houses haven't been damaged or destroyed will get nothing. I don't see the problem beyond people expecting free handouts (that we all know they'll just go and spend on beer and a TV anyway).

If I owned a house and I didn't have insurance, and then for some reason it burns down, I would get nothing. So why should someone whose house didn't burn down or get damaged get free money just for living in a bushfire-affected area?

When I read the first article I thought the comments were justified (especially given the expenses issues), but now I've just realised that it's all the whiners expecting free handouts just for the hell of it making a fuss over something that actually is a non-issue.

Oh, and good on Tony for getting his hands dirty in the RFS. It's a pity so many people hide behind keyboards shouting about how terrible he is instead of getting out there and doing something themselves.

I don't see a problem with the payments as they were. If you can no longer get to work, have had the power off and lost your food, have no family to hit up for a room whilst you can't go home, I think you could probably do with a hand.

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
If your house is not damaged by the smoke or fire then what's stopping you going home? And if your car is fine, why can't you go to work? That's the entire point. Why should people who are not actually suffering any losses due to the bushfires be given beer money?