Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Jesus christ!! When are hrt going to wake the hell up????

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Immortality, I read that Ferrari invented a new wheel nut in the off season, they reckon sub 3 second pit stops are the go this year

go to the F1 website HERE and check the tehnhical section. they have some info on the new design. i think it has something to do with lock tabs been a integral part of the hub design and they are released when the ratchet gun is pushed on over the hub to engage the wheel nut and lock when the wheel gun is removed

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
As others have said, v8's to me have become boring.

As a massive V8 fan (been a HRT girl forever) I have to say Sunday's race at Clipsal was dead boring - almost fell asleep. Thank christ the concrete at turn 8 gave way allowing the pace car to come out and the pack to regroup giving us a bit of excitement for the last leg.

That combined with overflowing toilets (other years they were checked often), no real beer (seriously who drinks XXXX?), other drinks at $9.50 a can and lack of on track entertainment made for a dissapointing weekend.

However seeing Tander cross the line did boost my spirits considerably :)

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
V8SC has started again?

More interested in the Super sedans. Who doesnt love an Alpha with a 400ci chev in it?
At least their not even trying to pretened they're real cars.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
HAH!! You're entitled to your opinion Pal, but you're seriously deluded if you think I give a fat rat's ring WHAT you think of me.... So save your personal insults for someone who cares.

This is a FORUM - where FREE SPEECH is supposed to be encouraged - I said my bit, you said yours. We're as entitled as each other to our opinions, so that's that.

(and yes, I am a one-sided Holden fan.... Not Tander and Davison, the red lion.)

QUOTE]

Well said freddy...exactly what I thought when reading that thread.
If people dont like the current format dont watch our v8 supercars....stick to nascar nice and simple and full of crashes.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Well said freddy...exactly what I thought when reading that thread.
If people dont like the current format dont watch our v8 supercars....stick to nascar nice and simple and full of crashes.

Implying V8supercars aren't nascars...........
Theres only one difference between them, ours turn left and right.

Both are a single make category....

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Implying V8supercars aren't nascars...........
Theres only one difference between them, ours turn left and right.

Both are a single make category....

Stealth, wrong, the only difference is, nascars go much faster, they both turn left and right ;) It is the only way Ambrose can win in them lol.

coolngroovy

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY06 VZ Calais
Whining about which driver is in which car, is a pointless arguement. Expect to see more of it.

When Clowns defected, there is no doubt it was $$$ orientated. It's the same for most drivers.
The controversy that followed it was noticed by all parties......not necessarily in a good light! How dare he! That's sacralige!
But that just opened the door. It will become common place.
Hey.....if Brocky didn't hold a grudge......how can I? You can't blame a guy for providing a better life for his family! How many of you guys wouldn't change jobs for a 300% salary increase?

I think T.C has been trying to change the whole mentality of the V8 fan.......& it's working!
They are trying to get away from the whole 'beer fest' image.

I think if you asked any diehard V8SC fan what they thought about the current series, they would say it is boring! & i agree.

But.........& here's the clincher.......there are more spectators showing up to the rounds, than ever before! The figures dont lie!
So whatever T.C & co' are doing......seems to be working!
Having some seppo chick doing commercials, will probably encourage a younger market to atleast check it out! It's not aimed at the diehard fan!

There is a lot more polishing of V8SC's to be done yet. The more polish.....the less it will resemble racing of bygone years.

vz 914

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE HSV GTS , VZ UTE, VL GROUP A
Bring Back THE GROUP C BIG BANGERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lifeguard_aus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S pack Ute
100% agree!....Go Lowndsy!!!
Shells, that's the V8 supercar difference, and the only thing that separates them.

Good old days going back into the early 90's you had teams hiding covers over their engines from other teams, don't let them see what small mod we have done here they might copy it. Today why bother it's the same ****.

doigs8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS, VY 2 CALAIS
What part of that was "well said"? I love the current format of V8 Supercars. It's fantastic for our sport that both manufacturers are so closely tied. I don't know how you could compare our V8 Supercars with NASCAR.