Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JLED Paddle Shift Kit for VF SSV

oztech007

Reaction score
Members Ride
15 VE SSV 6.0t V8 A6 SEDAN
I have just fitted J-LED's Paddle Shift Kit & Module.
It all works perfectly :)

I had my concerns regarding the mentioned issues from Thorby, but everything went well and its working perfectly with no issues at all.

My car (VF SSV L77 2015) had the Purple Wire in the 3rd Spot on the Clock Spring Connector as well. I was instructed to remove that wire & replace it with the supplied Green Wire, in which I did.
The sequence I did the installation was as follows.

1. Fitted the JLED Module to the Gear Shifter as per instructions given to me in a booklet supplied (About Half an Hour)
2. Then Routed the 1x Green Wire around from the Centre Console to the Steering Column.
3. Pulled the Top Plastic Cover off the Top of the Steering Column to access the Clock Spring Connector and Pulled out.
4. Removed the Purple Wire from the Connector (Pulled it out).
5. Fitted the New Green Wire into the connector as per instructions provided, and plugged back into clock spring.
6. Took the car for a test drive - Tested the Manual Gear Stick Selection - was working perfectly.
7. Proceeded to take off the Steering wheel - **Disconnected Battery** - Removed Airbag, Disconnected all cables, Removed the Centre Bolt (Very Hard - Pain in the Ass) and then the horn assembly, steering wheel removal etc
8. Removed Trim/Controls from the old steering wheel & fitted to new Steering Wheel.
9. Replace the Steering Wheel onto car and fitted all components, Centre Bolt, Connectors, airbag etc.
10. Reconnected Battery and Started car.
11. Drove off & Tested the Shifters - They worked perfectly.

So I am not sure what Thorby had done, but I can assure everyone that it all worked perfectly on my car.
I was very Sceptical about this kit, but thought I would give it a chance, and its paid off.

I sent a couple of messages to JLED regarding the Purple Wire and was assured it all should work. Some cars apparantly have this purple wire, and most don't. This Purple wire issue was not included in the instructions, which is why I was a bit concerned. Probably should have included a supplementary addition to the instructions regarding this purple wire ie (if the connector has a purple wire in the 3rd hole - proceed with the following instrucion..) But it all worked in the end.

I am very happy with the outcome.
The Paddles work very well, much nicer to drive with these on.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
how do they compare to factory?

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Were you paid for this write up ;)

oztech007

Reaction score
Members Ride
15 VE SSV 6.0t V8 A6 SEDAN
It works exactly the same as if you were using the Gear Selector to change. It just makes it a lot easier to change, being that your hands are on the wheel. There are some extra functions that you can use on the paddle selectors but I haven't played around with them yet.

My experience with this was actually quite good. I sent some messages to jled and got reply's back fairly quickly. He was quite good with the support. I was worried about the Purple wire thing as Thorby had issues. But it all worked. So I thought I would do the right thing and give a bit of a review on it.

Geez if I can't even do a honest review on something then I don't know what else to do. Just trying to do the right thing. Everyone saw the Thorby post and his issues. Some people were on his side, and others not. But this is my Honest review. I'm as happy as Larry.

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
not another useless thread. i miss hsv forums

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
they look ok but no real difference to factory paddles.