Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Joining the ZB crew - 2019 LT 2.0L long term review thread.

aprentice

Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 ZB Commodore LT 2.0T Wagon
Update:
-Reliability (including maintenance costs/parts availability/component life/warranty etc.)
-> Got the software update for the recall last year with the local dealer and was seamless, good service
-> I am now up for the first service (84000 km interval) and I couldn't even get booked in with the local dealer, rang, left messages, booked on the website, nothing, ended up booking with another mechanic I have used to keep up the log book stamping, will see how the car is travelling for its first post sale service, bit concerning how non-responsive the dealer is though, apparently mechanic reckons its very difficult to get parts off them as well.....

-Ability to haul gear (towing performance/cargo space use)
-> Been using it to haul supplies for renos, timber, posts, shorter weatherboards, been an absolute beast at hauling
-> In saying that I will invest in some roof racks for the bigger stuff as hitching a trailer is a bit of a hassle considering how small qtys I have been getting for doing odd jobs - Anyone got recommendation's or wanting to get rid of a pair?

-Vehicle enjoyment (overall use of vehicle features/performance/comfort)

-> Fuel consumption has been awesome, I have been smashing the car and it has stayed around 9.9L/100km for the 8000km I have just put on it since buying it
-> I am constantly disabling the auto stop feature, I tried to get used to it however it is jarring when it turns the engine back on when you are stationary after a few seconds, sometimes it will keep the engine off, other times it will just turn it back on, seemingly random

mirrabucca

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pack (Devil Yellow)
Update:
-Reliability (including maintenance costs/parts availability/component life/warranty etc.)
-> Got the software update for the recall last year with the local dealer and was seamless, good service
-> I am now up for the first service (84000 km interval) and I couldn't even get booked in with the local dealer, rang, left messages, booked on the website, nothing, ended up booking with another mechanic I have used to keep up the log book stamping, will see how the car is travelling for its first post sale service, bit concerning how non-responsive the dealer is though, apparently mechanic reckons its very difficult to get parts off them as well.....

-Ability to haul gear (towing performance/cargo space use)
-> Been using it to haul supplies for renos, timber, posts, shorter weatherboards, been an absolute beast at hauling
-> In saying that I will invest in some roof racks for the bigger stuff as hitching a trailer is a bit of a hassle considering how small qtys I have been getting for doing odd jobs - Anyone got recommendation's or wanting to get rid of a pair?

-Vehicle enjoyment (overall use of vehicle features/performance/comfort)

-> Fuel consumption has been awesome, I have been smashing the car and it has stayed around 9.9L/100km for the 8000km I have just put on it since buying it
-> I am constantly disabling the auto stop feature, I tried to get used to it however it is jarring when it turns the engine back on when you are stationary after a few seconds, sometimes it will keep the engine off, other times it will just turn it back on, seemingly random

Thanks for the update.
By " first service (84000 km interval)" I assume you meant 8400 k's?

And, I saw a bright red sedan yesterday. Black wheels, maybe a "black" package or something. Talk about stand out! Very nice, and sufficiently different than all the other cars around.

aprentice

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks for the update.
By " first service (84000 km interval)" I assume you meant 8400 k's?

And, I saw a bright red sedan yesterday. Black wheels, maybe a "black" package or something. Talk about stand out! Very nice, and sufficiently different than all the other cars around.
Oop I mean first service after buying it second hand, had about 79000kms on it when I bought it, ex cop car so will be interesting to see how it holds up

VT2Commie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Clubsport R8
The auto stop/start feature uses many different parameters before it turns the engine off, or to leave it running at a stop.

How much the A/C is in demand.
Is the battery at a sufficient charge and condition.
How much load is on the charging system etc,etc.

So yes it may seem random.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
first mod i did to mine was disable the start stop garbage :p

i self service mine and the normal service items can be found at repco etc but more complex parts need to come from overseas

for racks thule does a set for the wagon

aprentice

Reaction score
Members Ride
I have been doing a fair bit of renos and work on the house and have found the following:
-Boot is accessible, I have just chucked down a heavy old blanket I have when loading concrete bags, concrete blocks etc to make it clean
-max timber length is approx. 2.4m inside the car

I have been using a trailer to haul anything >2.4m.
Still chasing roof racks for longer stuff, just cant justify the cost of them brand new.....for now

I think though what I am finding awesome re load carriage is more to do with it being a wagon and not a zb specifically

mirrabucca

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pack (Devil Yellow)
I have been doing a fair bit of renos and work on the house and have found the following:
-Boot is accessible, I have just chucked down a heavy old blanket I have when loading concrete bags, concrete blocks etc to make it clean

Still chasing roof racks for longer stuff, just cant justify the cost of them brand new.....for now

I think though what I am finding awesome re load carriage is more to do with it being a wagon and not a zb specifically
Thanks for that. When you say 2.4M lengths of wood, where does that load from? Ie, between the front seats, down the passenger's footwell, or against the front seat backrests?

aprentice

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks for that. When you say 2.4M lengths of wood, where does that load from? Ie, between the front seats, down the passenger's footwell, or against the front seat backrests?
Between the front seats, I use an old gym mat ocky strapped to the front of a bundle to stop it scratching the head unit display

mirrabucca

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pack (Devil Yellow)
Between the front seats, I use an old gym mat ocky strapped to the front of a bundle to stop it scratching the head unit display
Thanks. Not bad anyway.
I once carried a 3.3Metre length of 50mm plastic pipe in my VX sedan, with the boot lid closed.
Managed to load it into the passenger footwell, then between the front seats, theorugh the ski port.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca

you will get 3.2m if you put the end up on the dash in the liftback lol.
i have used my zb to transport all sorts of crap furniture, bags of concrete, lengths of wood, pvc, patio tube, sheets of tin/fencing.
the zb is a beast for transporting crap from bunnings/stratco.

Reactions: Lex