Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Justin's New 'WYF' VY II SS 6 Speed Manual *Nom Nom

VRStato64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II 6 speed
Didn't the VT's have the parcel shelf speaker grills as standard?

Not a clue haha. Gonna be a pain pulling the back seats out just to get to the parcel shelf...

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
just wondering what you're doing with the back shelf, im in the same situation because i have an lpg tank to so it sort of limits what i can do with a sub in the boot, just wondering did you fit the speakers your self? :hmmm:

Jimmy. I have the grilles to put over those holes I bought the car with the 6x9 already fitted. I have a subwoofer in the boot which has been a huge inconvenience, BUT I just picked up a corner molded sub box which is gonna get me some space back.

I just have to find the time and fit the new sub, mount the amp somewhere because it's on the side of the current box. And when I get some dynamat I'll be pulling the parcel shelf out dynamat the parcel shelf and back seat and fitting the grills.[/QUOTE]

You need to buy the grilles from autobarn/supercheap, cut the hole a little larger and then bend and hot glue the tabs into place.

Justin, amp will fit behind carpet on passenger side. When we do your gauges I can show you how.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Not a clue haha. Gonna be a pain pulling the back seats out just to get to the parcel shelf...

Once you've done it once... every other time takes about 10minutes including looking for the tools. Unless you have my toolboxes in which case... next week sometime lol

VRStato64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II 6 speed
Once you've done it once... every other time takes about 10minutes including looking for the tools. Unless you have my toolboxes in which case... next week sometime lol

Thanks man! Looking forward to doing some work. Got my apadater lined up just gotta wait for the money to come in. Being on holidays means I can't spare 40 bucks lol

jimmyt213

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE calais wags
oh i see how much was the sub box and where did you get it if you dont ming me asking, its hell having no boot space!

VRStato64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II 6 speed
They are pricey man 150 to 200 each. But I picked one up from the classifieds on here for $80 he was from Sydney and I just happened to be there for 2 weeks. He bought 2 as a pair but only wanted the right hand side so I bought the left for $80.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

VRStato64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II 6 speed
Spent some more time dummy fitting the new engine covers and shroud.

The LPG system ment I had to make some adjustments to the covers. Ie. Cut them up. I can't find the nuts to hold them on so until then they won't be fitted :( plus 1 of the mounting posts is broken and 1 thread is stripped from the last owner fitting to small nuts...

I don't know what I'm gonna do about the broken stud I can't see a way to remove it... and I don't know if the other will hold a nut properly.

Also just another preview of the new sub box. You can see the current one just have to switch the speaker and move the amp.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Hmm... should consider recarpeting the box black before mounting it.

VRStato64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II 6 speed
Hmm... should consider recarpeting the box black before mounting it.

I was thinking that. Won't it be a bitch to get the carpet off? I would love to have something nicer than that budget Grey stuff.

Also should I pack the enclosure with something?

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
the grey will come off relatively easy... once you get it started. Clean it off with a wire brush or wire wheel in a drill, doesn't need to be perfect.

Yes, ideally pack them with some dacron/foam something similar. I've got plenty you're welcome too. Plus black carpet.