Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Justin's New 'WYF' VY II SS 6 Speed Manual *Nom Nom

VRStato64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II 6 speed
Next was to get my spilt covers on! As stated A few times I had 1 stripped post and 1 broken 1. I decided to get some extra nuts and just force a couple on and off the stripped post as it still had enough meat on it to hold a thread it was just all messed up! I didnt have the proper tool to make a thread so ruining a few nuts was worth creating a usuable thread.

THe broken post is welded in place so I had to grind it off and hammer it out. Once I had it out and the new bolt/post fitted I gave it a quick spray with some black caliper paint I had left over from my brakes on the bare metal. then refitted the braket!

VRStato64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II 6 speed
Once the brackets were back on I did some more trimming of the engine covers to make sure there was plenty of clearance between them and any cables. Because of the LPG system they had to be altered ALOT!

Once I had everything fitted I got a can of degreaser out and just did a quick tidy up, I took this photo just after I finished hosing the bay out so its still wet but o well, I think the 2 mods def make it look alot better :)

BEFORE!

AFTER!

The Covers arent painted yet so they dont look the best, But ill prob do them red. And I might spray the OTR, shroud and a few other bits to clean it up too! But I think ill just leave it for now.

aussieakito

Holden Dealer Master Tech
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Manual VY SS2, 2005 Rolla Sportivo
You need to get some of this on all the plastic, comes up nice in the engine bay
armor-all-protectant-original_4d2e5c47dae65.jpg

Edit, whats that plastic bottle for? sorry if someone already asked.

VRStato64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II 6 speed
You need to get some of this on all the plastic, comes up nice in the engine bay
armor-all-protectant-original_4d2e5c47dae65.jpg

Edit, whats that plastic bottle for? sorry if someone already asked.

Yeah I was gonna hit it with Armour oil but didn't have time. It started to rain if you can believe it.

The bottle is valve saver, needs it with the LPG. I have been thinking of dressing it up in some way.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

VRStato64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II 6 speed
Just take out the lpg lmao
Terrible for your engine

Nothing wrong with LPG, fact is I saved over $10K on fuel with my VR while I had it. And had zero issues gas related either did my brothers VS. And I'll save even more with the SS.

LPG allows me to run a V8 while studying full time on a part time wage. And I'd much rather have an LS1 bbq than a pulsar.

The modern LPG systems are not the same as the ones 20 years ago that caused all the fear mongering around gas.

I love LPG and I'll laugh every time it costs me $45-55 to fill up instead of $110-130 that it does in petrol.

NU13

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 E1 HSV GTS Manual
Nothing wrong with LPG, fact is I saved over $10K on fuel with my VR while I had it. And had zero issues gas related either did my brothers VS. And I'll save even more with the SS.

LPG allows me to run a V8 while studying full time on a part time wage. And I'd much rather have an LS1 bbq than a pulsar.

The modern LPG systems are not the same as the ones 20 years ago that caused all the fear mongering around gas.

I love LPG and I'll laugh every time it costs me $45-55 to fill up instead of $110-130 that it does in petrol.

$110 to fill up? Where are you driving from? Brazil to Australia? I pay NZ prices and put in $40 of 98 each week.