Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Justin's New 'WYF' VY II SS 6 Speed Manual *Nom Nom

VRStato64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II 6 speed
Well im back from my trip to Sydney and here are the Photos of the brakes! First things first.

the wyf checking out palm beach, apparently they film home and away there... *lame was a nice drive though!

My girl friend begged for a go with the rattle gun haha

BEFORE

cleaning time
[URL=http://s1230.photobucket.com/user/cargod64/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20140131_131308_zpsgejfvvcr.jpg.html]
[/URL]
I used brake cleaner and wire brushes to clean the brakes up, took ages... but its all about the prep!

First coat of paint! Red over black

VRStato64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II 6 speed
Each part got 3-4 coats of colour, then 3 coats of clear. Made the mistake of getting Clear that works best when heat cured. But after a little research found that the clear would set but it would just take a long time haha.

New rotors on! DBA T2 Street series

and now we wait! GOt very drunk that night, dont even remember getting out of the paddle pool haha

a few days later in the hot sun! Time to put the calipers together and fit pads!

Back together

Rears!

Front!

It was a long process, and a big learning experience for me as i had never done brakes before. Im pretty happy with the result and the brakes feel sooooo much better money well spent!

notStock

evolving
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SS M6
You went to palmy? That's my end of town. They film Home and Away in Avalon, and its always a terrible thing, haha.

Brakes look boss too.

HERONVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY2 SS
Brakes look good mate! Well done on your missus too haha, its hard to get good lookers to touch tools lol
Guess were both lucky guys, mine loves getting her hands dirty in the shed too :D

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk

VRStato64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II 6 speed
You went to palmy? That's my end of town. They film Home and Away in Avalon, and its always a terrible thing, haha.

Brakes look boss too.
shanks bro

Brakes look good mate! Well done on your missus too haha, its hard to get good lookers to touch tools lol
Guess were both lucky guys, mine loves getting her hands dirty in the shed too :D
Haha Maria doesnt really like getting her hands dirty, I guess she just liked it cos it made a cool noise haha

We did however spend yesterday washing our cars inside and out! her yaris came up real nice.

I also picked up a Corner moulded sub box in Sydney and took deliverly of my new split engine covers. so the new todo list is as follows.

1. Cut up radiator shroud and adjust OTR as its point straight at the body so I think it needs to be trimmed to fit a little nicer and better suck air!

2. Remove old sub box fit, fit new one and mount amp somewhere... Ideas?

3. Paint engine covers.

4. Get my Oil Pressure adapter and wire up the gauges.

Fun times ahead!

jimmyt213

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE calais wags
And anyone have a solution to this????

Went to the wreckers to get the grilles. but apparently only the luxury models had the parcel shelf speakers? which means mine didnt have the slots to put the grills in.
And I cant get under the parcel shelf because of the gas tank... ;/[/QUOTE]

just wondering what you're doing with the back shelf, im in the same situation because i have an lpg tank to so it sort of limits what i can do with a sub in the boot, just wondering did you fit the speakers your self? :hmmm:

VRStato64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II 6 speed
And anyone have a solution to this????

Went to the wreckers to get the grilles. but apparently only the luxury models had the parcel shelf speakers? which means mine didnt have the slots to put the grills in.
And I cant get under the parcel shelf because of the gas tank... ;/

just wondering what you're doing with the back shelf, im in the same situation because i have an lpg tank to so it sort of limits what i can do with a sub in the boot, just wondering did you fit the speakers your self? :hmmm:[/QUOTE]

Jimmy. I have the grilles to put over those holes I bought the car with the 6x9 already fitted. I have a subwoofer in the boot which has been a huge inconvenience, BUT I just picked up a corner molded sub box which is gonna get me some space back.

I just have to find the time and fit the new sub, mount the amp somewhere because it's on the side of the current box. And when I get some dynamat I'll be pulling the parcel shelf out dynamat the parcel shelf and back seat and fitting the grills.

VRStato64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II 6 speed

Radiator shroud ruff cut. Just need the rubber edging to run around the cutout and some of though plastic studs to hold it in place then I can fit it.!

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk