Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Justin's New 'WYF' VY II SS 6 Speed Manual *Nom Nom

VRStato64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II 6 speed
$110 to fill up? Where are you driving from? Brazil to Australia? I pay NZ prices and put in $40 of 98 each week.

That's from pretty much empty. Last time I put petrol in it was 1.55 ( cheapest ive had premium so far) which means anything above 70L cracks $100 easily.

Usually what I do is run gas til I'm about 3/4 empty. Then run petrol for a 1/4 then top both up.

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
40-wtf-lol,half a tank in mine with premium is at least 50+,premium is 1.61 here

NU13

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 E1 HSV GTS Manual
40-wtf-lol,half a tank in mine with premium is at least 50+,premium is 1.61 here

Yeah $40 a week and currently the tank is 90% full. I do live in a small city of about 30,000 so around town driving isn't to bad compared with a big city. I also nanna my LS1 95% of the time and only play with the right hand side pedal on a friday night on the way home from work for the week :D

HERONVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY2 SS
wow, wish it cost me that much to fill up

For around 55 litres it costs $80-90 (BP98/shell vortex98) here in newcastle

I fill up usually once every week and a half (driving to and from work for 5 days+ driving around locally with the girlfriend 3 nights a week)

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah $40 a week and currently the tank is 90% full. I do live in a small city of about 30,000 so around town driving isn't to bad compared with a big city. I also nanna my LS1 95% of the time and only play with the right hand side pedal on a friday night on the way home from work for the week :D

the town I live in is about the same size,most of my driving is on the freeway,you must get bl..dy good economy in yours-lol

VRStato64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II 6 speed
Hey Dudes,

So I started to get to work making the engine covers a little more presentable.

The covers are cheap ebay fiber glass and have alot of knarly bits on it etc. Not to mention I did have todo modifications to the covers to fit and not just because of the LPG system. The mounting points were way off so I had to bend the mounting rails to get the covers to fit. So if your reading this and your looking at getting covers and just want a drop in replacement... Id stay away or test before you buy.

Now the holes for the power steering cap and oil cap were very rough and had this horrible lip so I went about removing the sharp lip

The mounting holes already had some cracks in it so Im trying something. I glued a washer on the other side and I then layered bog over the top. No idea if this will help protect the fragile lip of the fiber glass but o well I had the bog and i had the washers so Thought why not?

Looks rough atm, but the next step is todo some finer grit sanding them priming. And more sanding and priming, then some more sanding. If I put the prep effort in Im sure they will come up sexy.

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
looks like they have just removed them from the mould and sent them without any sanding etc

VRStato64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II 6 speed
More working on the covers today before work. Mainly just sanding off excess bog and using a finer grade of sand paper.

Just started doing some primer filler, non heat resistant stuff for now while I get the surface prepd properly. And once Its smooth as a babys ass Ill use something that can stand up to the heat. But thats a ways off. Got alot of sanding todo and standard primer is easier to work with.

Trying to think of something cool todo with the covers. Nothing massively flashy but i dont want just a solid colour, or just masking off the "ls1" and doing different colour. So stay tuned!

VRStato64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II 6 speed
More engine cover update goodness.
Found myself a couple hours and got to work smoothing out the first layers of primer.

As you can see there are some rough spots. But still a hell of alot better than the jaggered edge that they came in. Took alot of dremel sanding and some bog to get it even looking that good.
I attacked the rougher patches with 320 wet and dry. but also the lips and other little tit bits that i either put a little bog in or were just rough to begin with.
800 w&d was then used over all the top of covers.

Current state of the covers, gonna throw some more primer on when I get the chance. Then smooth out anymore rough bits. Feeling very smooth atm, but I want it glassy :D

My lucky $8 overalls after just sanding, they were soaked and washed last week after years of human slime. But would you have them any other way?

VRStato64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II 6 speed

Got my key button replacements. Not as nice as new keys but at $2 for the pair of buttons I'm happy.

You can see my real Cain toad keyring and a special coin that dropped from balloons at Metallicas private 30th anniversary show in San Francisco. Which I was very luck to attend with about 1000 other hard core Metallica nuts.

Flushed and replaced the coolant as well. My first time doing it so Learning a bunch of stuff on this car :)

Got a line on some VZ SS taillights and the covers are coming along nicely!

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk