Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Justin's New 'WYF' VY II SS 6 Speed Manual *Nom Nom

VRStato64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II 6 speed

Got a boot liner! $50 from eBay. A wreckers I wasn't aware of has a heap of Em. So if you want one checkout holden performance wrecking.

Didn't come with clips. And holden only had 12 :/ needed 14 and was over $20 for them... such a rip. But it's on!

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

VRStato64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II 6 speed
Somemore time on the covers, Sanding back the red paint with some 1200 then 1600 grit. Making it baby smooth. There was alot of roughness and particles in the paint from painting in the garage, The final coats Ill do in the mini spray booth at uni to get better results.

Once I finished sanding I sprayed the paint resedue off then wiped down the covers with wax and grease remover. The covers are ready for the proper paint now.

Since Im gonna be doing the final coats of paint, I thought Id better hit the underside of the covers first. I grabbed some almost empty cans of brake caliper paint from when i did my brakes and gave the underside a spray. The caliper paint should add some protection and it doesnt matter what it looks like so i just degreased the surface and threw the paint straight on. You can also see my attempt to give the mounting points some strength with glued on washers and bog (god knows if it will do anything just dont want the fiber glass to crack).

I also gave a light spray of high heat clear I had left over, gonna take a good week to cure without putting them in the oven. But I got no funds to finish them atm so perfect timing.

HERONVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY2 SS
Coming along nicely mate
I feel you when you mentioned about the cost of the clips... sucks doesnt it?
On my old vy I fitted one up to neaten up the underside of the boot lid and the clips were $1.60 each :(
Bit of a rip

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman LS1, VX Commodore
i thought this was standard lmao
Both my cars have it

not for the povo models. I thought boot lid liners where standard too until recently.

VRStato64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II 6 speed
not for the povo models. I thought boot lid liners where standard too until recently.
Easy with the 'povo' mate hahaha ;)

Just cos you roll in a stato!
Those fir clips are cheap as on eBay. I have a heap of them.
Yeah I was gonna do that. But I picked the liner up and a holden dealer was on the way home so I grabbed em.

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman LS1, VX Commodore
Easy with the 'povo' mate hahaha ;)

Just cos you roll in a stato!

I own 2 of them :spot on:

I'm quite the perfectionist when it comes to the little bits, things like boot lid carpets such but $20 for some clips is a bit rich. that's even something I'd think twice about.

good to see too you ditched the turtle shell, I'm rocking my LS1 naked, I think it looks tougher. I'm just not a fan of engine covers.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Lol, I couldn't wait to put the turtleshell back on my old ls1....

Justin, next time you need clips like that... ask. I have dozens from many different makes from when I snap one.

VRStato64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II 6 speed
I own 2 of them :spot on:

I'm quite the perfectionist when it comes to the little bits, things like boot lid carpets such but $20 for some clips is a bit rich. that's even something I'd think twice about.

good to see too you ditched the turtle shell, I'm rocking my LS1 naked, I think it looks tougher. I'm just not a fan of engine covers.
I had a stato :( now tasmaniak is bringing it back to life! I think the statesman is the best vr/vs model :)

Lol, I couldn't wait to put the turtleshell back on my old ls1....

Justin, next time you need clips like that... ask. I have dozens from many different makes from when I snap one.
Noted! Well I plan on dynamating the boot lid so maybe I'll snap one and have to hit you up. Still need 2 more though.