Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Justin's New 'WYF' VY II SS 6 Speed Manual *Nom Nom

derrro

haha tough
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ MY06 SS
Don't worry about the gregory's manual. You can buy and download the entire '04 GTO one (the Monaro that was sold in Stateside as LHD). I got mine of a dude on ebay.com for like $15. Whenever I need info, or if I feel like it, I check out the PDF files on my ph.

derrro

haha tough
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ MY06 SS
And yeah man, your interior is great! Mine is looking okay too.

Mate I tellya what? I doubt I would have been able to afford an SS when I was in uni - oh lol, that was in 2004!!!

VRStato64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II 6 speed
And yeah man, your interior is great! Mine is looking okay too.

Mate I tellya what? I doubt I would have been able to afford an SS when I was in uni - oh lol, that was in 2004!!!

Haha well affords a strong word lol good ole bendigo bank helped me with that one ;)

I was looking at S packs in the sub 10k but this one poped up for 12 clear and bought it the next day haha if it werent on LPG already I wouldn't of got it god I love LPG I couldn't afford to run a v8 on partime wages thats for sure.

VRStato64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II 6 speed

Whats everyone's thoughts on painting the silver dash trims black or carbon wrapping them? I know the silver matches my car just spit balling haha

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

MUSone

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Y Senator
I like the silver, I have carbon wrap ready to put on mine. Just being lazy, had it for about 14 months! Lol
+1 for carbon wrap.
But the silver breaks it all up, goes well with the steering wheel. I'm undecided.

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
I have the black trims in my ss being a ex nsw higway patrol car and must say I quite like it-I have seen some with the carbon wrap and it doesn't really suit imo

VRStato64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II 6 speed
Ill prob leave it. Funny I bet if it were black from factory we'd be talking about painting it silver.

The rest of the trim bits are silver or metal so it all goes together.

If I saw some photos of carbon I might think about it.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

notStock

evolving
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SS M6
I'm going gloss black in mine (as you've seen). Maybe I shoulda just got a Calais...

derrro

haha tough
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ MY06 SS
I'm going gloss black in mine (as you've seen). Maybe I shoulda just got a Calais...

No way man. SS's rock. The VY and VZ's are sexiest out there IMO. Hey how much did ya pay for the centre stack from the Calais? I really want that for my car too