Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Keyless Entry Agian

dmaifred

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT S-Pack
Allo All,

I'm trying to work out if my keyless entry is not working because of the KEY or the car's reciever unit.

The keyless entry stopped working a couple of yrs ago but I can still use the same key to start the car.

Re Battery? Here's the question; Does the car key battery die in levels? IE not strong enough to send signals for keyless entry but still strong enough to activate when put in ignition? I assume the key still needs some power to bypass the ignitions built in immobilizer.

Help? Will a new key magically revive my keyless entry?

Cheers
David Maifredi
[email protected]

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
I think a new key head will solve your problem. Some people successfully pull the head apart and replace the battery which is soldered in.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
the battery in the key only affects the RF section of the key, the circuit that is read when in the barrel is a passive circuit and can continue to work for ages after the battery has died.
get a new key & see what happens.

dmaifred

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT S-Pack
Alright, I broke down and paid the $106 from Holden. All the remote locks work great agian. (I hadn't had them working in 3 years).

I kept the old key head and might give the battery swap trick a go on that one. The Holden parts guy reckons it is still programmed to the correct code.

Cheers
-Davo-

dmaifred

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT S-Pack
Alright, I broke down and paid the $106 from Holden. All the remote locks work great agian. (I hadn't had them working in 3 years).

I kept the old key head and might give the battery swap trick a go on that one. The Holden parts guy reckons it is still programmed to the correct code.

Cheers
-Davo-