Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

L67 boost solinoid bypass

Cuzzy69

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs wagon exe v6 l67 vx
cap - block off the port so it doesn't leak.
As for the stocking part. i didnt bother. Never had any probs.
I used a fuel filter from a brush cutter lol fits great

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
ok great. now i wonder why the factory has a computer controlled version? emissions i assume

It's for engine protection, under certain conditions it can cut boost.

Little01

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy calais supercharged
On the passenger side of you blower you will see a little plastic "tree" with 2 hoses coming from it. This is the "vacuum tree"
One of these hoses goes to the fuel reg. Dont touch that one. The other one curls back and heads down behind the motor into the boost solenoid. Unplug this hose from the boost tree and cap the open port on the tree.
Right near this is the bypass actuator for the blower. It has two chambers, top and bottom. On the back side of this on the lower half of the bypass valve will be a hose that runs back to the boost solenoid. Unplug that hose so that port on the bypass valve can breathe. Your done. Have a beer.
Do you remove the line entirely or just unplug them

FirstTimeCommyOwner

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 vs Commodore
On the passenger side of you blower you will see a little plastic "tree" with 2 hoses coming from it. This is the "vacuum tree"
One of these hoses goes to the fuel reg. Dont touch that one. The other one curls back and heads down behind the motor into the boost solenoid. Unplug this hose from the boost tree and cap the open port on the tree.
Right near this is the bypass actuator for the blower. It has two chambers, top and bottom. On the back side of this on the lower half of the bypass valve will be a hose that runs back to the boost solenoid. Unplug that hose so that port on the bypass valve can breathe. Your done. Have a beer.

So iv done this but my boost guage is still reading 5psi

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
On a stock or modified engine?

Stock engine only makes 6 psi.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Temporarily disconnect the bypass valve solenoid (so it stays shut ) and take for a test drive. Don't forget to plug the vacuum pipe. It will drive a bit weird as the engine is trying to make boost all the time

FirstTimeCommyOwner

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 vs Commodore
Temporarily disconnect the bypass valve solenoid (so it stays shut ) and take for a test drive. Don't forget to plug the vacuum pipe. It will drive a bit weird as the engine is trying to make boost all the time

Thanks will try this out now keep you posted

MrVX01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais S2 L67
I know this is an old post but why do people bypass this valve?
Had the same question today lol, since they’re 20+ years old they start to leak which means less boost, bypassing it means it’ll create full boost all the time, only a good idea if you’re keeping an eye on temps