Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[NSW] L67 or V8???

Status
Not open for further replies.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Are you putting it on a V6 or V8????

If it a V6 (holden) you still wont get into the 12's with the it. LOL
We were talking boosted 8's. Wouldn't waste my time on a V6.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Not taking into account how good a driver you are, gearing, etc (basically a perfect run) the moroso slide rule says around [email protected] for a VS L67 with 300rwhp.

HoldenOn

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS equip, 4.2L stroker on its way.
I thought this thread was about wether or not I should opt for V8 or l67. Not whos dick gets more inches from there full sick uleh bro strip times.

Make your own thread for that argument.

adz_vy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Spac l67
Pretty sure Iculkn ran 11.9 with 300rwhp in a vt

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
Yeah see ive never rebuilt a piston motor before. And i have no tools for it. Ive built plenty of rotors but thats a completely different ball game. I could, but im half thinking about a crate motor and not opening it up and focusing on getting it into the car and just doing the usual bolt ons. A ls1 is more than enough poke in a vs for me.

No offence but if you don't have a spanner set, a socket set and a torque wrench then how do you work on any car?
Admittedly dial indicators, mics and a degree wheel go a long way to check peoples machine work and a ring compressor makes life easy but no speciality tools needed to spanner a piston motor.

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
Not just weight, traction, gears. I will have to eat my words a bit and say that it could potentially run a 12.9 so technically a 12.

But its more comments like: "my commodore has 300rwhp with only speculation to back up the claims. Equations like: "well it had XXX horsepower before but now it has blah mace wood added so it makes XXX now" dont exist in the real world.

On paper engines ALWAYS make more hp than they do in reality

Just had a look on KAL SPL's build thread and he's got his power and 1/4mile times (before the ground up rebuild) as 280rwhp and 12.23 @ 111mph in a VS

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...ged-v6-calais-ground-up-show-car-rebuild.html

HoldenOn

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS equip, 4.2L stroker on its way.
You guys are a pack of morons. Talk about hijacking the thread. Who gives a #### about 12s quarter miles.

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
Okay so, I have. Vs ecotec an I want to buy a project motor to rebuild and work on over the next year or so, then to drop it into my car.

I can't decide between a supercharged L67 or a v8, need opinions and pros/cons?

LS1 + Turbo

/Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.