Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

l76 lifter tick

YT-OG

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv 2009 6.0litre
Really see no point in keeping all that dod hardware! To replace your noisy lifters heads off anyhow, use the normal replacement LS7 lifters. Before you pull it down do an oil pump pressure test. Generally speaking the L76 is a good high volume pump from oem. I don't think you will save any money by just fitting oem L76 lifters. Do more research, spend a few more dollars & do it right.
So should I put afm dod lifter delete kit in and new cam shaft. I also have a noise lifterlifted

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
So should I put afm dod lifter delete kit in and new cam shaft. I also have a noise lifterlifted
Assuming it is definitely lifter noise and not something else then yes you should and do it sooner rather than later before your bad lifter or lifters fully let go

YT-OG

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv 2009 6.0litre
Yeah thanks for tbeadvice, it has done 250000ks is it worth fixing?? Also how many kms do you get out of l76 motor avg ????

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Is it worth fixing? Well I guess that depends on whether your willing to spend the money or not and as for average life expectancy all comes down to how it’s been treated, serviced when it should be etc, you could use it as an excuse to pull it all down and freshen it up with a hone, new rings, bearings, cam lifters etc

YT-OG

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv 2009 6.0litre
To update (and correct) my Nov 04 post.

I have been in contact with GMH auto parts distributor in Perth WA. 'The parts guy' informs me that even the last of the L77 engines used 8 x DOD lifters and 8 x solid lifters. Also thanks shane_3800.

The part number for the DOD lifters was changed in April 2019. It is 12680871 ($149.84 ea.). The part number for the solid lifters was changed in March 2017. It is 12648846 ($18.35 ea.). It may be worth noting that a change in part number does not necessarily mean a redesign or change in specification. It could simply be that a different company supplies the lifter (as told by 'the parts guy' at the GMH auto parts distributor). Hence the new part number does not in itself mean that the new lifter is better or worse than the superseded lifter.
How