Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Last holden I will ever buy.

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
have you thought about trading it in while its still going to get a good number

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
I don't see the SV6 as "performance" car like some guys mentioned here. It's a "sports" car.

Or maybe to some people sports and performance means the same thing......

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
i wouldnt even call it a sports car
I call a blown and stroked clubby a performance car
i call an s2000 a sports car
An sv6 is a family car with a few bits and pieces to make it appealing to those who dont want an omega coz its pov, but dont want the ss

coffee_mogul

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore SVZ Ute
He isn't whining or asking for 10 second 1/4's, he is simply stating that he thought there should be a difference between the 175 and 190. Give the guy a break. Its a reasonable request, otherwise why would they even have that option? I can't tell you the difference between the 175 and the 190 in performance because I have only driven the 190. My Dad owns a VY though and you can notice the difference, but then again that is the ecotec putting out 150kw compared to the Alloytec putting out 190kw. If it is still under warranty, I would take it to Holden. Its not going to cost you a dime and they drive these things all tehe time and should have diagnostic tools to see if there is anything wrong with it.

Holden boast it is a HIGH OUTPUT engine, I have the badge to prove it ! It is quite obvious now that the specs are all academic, and nothing more than marketing. It still seems like an extraordinary effort on Holdens part to add variable intake timing for such miniscule gains in power and torque, unless the result was unintentional and just poorly executed. It would be good to compare to another 190kw car in case I am just unlucky and got a dud.

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
maybe spend $60, take it in and get a dyno read out and see what it does, also get ARF printout and see how its Air:fuel ratios are

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Holden boast it is a HIGH OUTPUT engine, I have the badge to prove it ! It is quite obvious now that the specs are all academic, and nothing more than marketing. It still seems like an extraordinary effort on Holdens part to add variable intake timing for such miniscule gains in power and torque, unless the result was unintentional and just poorly executed. It would be good to compare to another 190kw car in case I am just unlucky and got a dud.

LMAO, so because it says HIGH OUTPUT that makes it so? It is a high output as far as holden V6's go, that said, high output does not make it some amazingly super fast engine.

Someone said you werent complaining about power performance etc, I disagree, you seem to expect an NA stock V6 to be some muscle car.

If you don't liek the car, why the **** did you buy it in the first place? Seems pretty bloody stupid to buy something you do not like...oh wait, maybe the engine magically changed...

Stop expecting performance out of an engine that isn't a performer.

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
Try before you buy....

You don't buy a car then bitch about how sh1t it is later....

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
i dont think he is bitching about how **** his car is. Iv driven a heap of demo vehicles recently and they varied so much within a model range that it was scary. I think whats worrying the owner is the gimmick's used by holden and the little faults that have started to go wrong with his car.
EG. my old calais was mint when i got it, not a think wrong with it. Within 3 months i had replaced the radiator, transmission and a few other goodies, then at 9 months the ar also had the entire cooling system replaced and serviced, more little bits that broke off and then the engine blew up. If i had of known it would happen i would not have bought my calais. I dont think the OP knew at the time that the car would drop power when warm etc etc etc.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
Yea, high output compared to what though? An Excel?

Ewok

Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 GTR 360AWHP
Having owned an ecotech VS S S2 ute, and now owning a VZ SV6 (the mid 05' model with more torque than the one you would probably have because of regulations that were imposed later on) I am definately going to say that all though the ute was a LOT of fun to throw around, the SV6 has more pull off the line than my ute had. My ute had 2.5" straight through, high flow cats, muffler, CAI and pacies with K&N and fro a 6, some muppets mistook it for an 8 (no seriously, there are a lot of muppets out there...).

If you wanted absolute outright performance without having to do anything yourself you should've bought an 8 instead of not having tested the car in the first place and now be bitching about what you have. I've also heard reports of people with the 05' model SV6's chopping the later ones with the lower torque. But seriously, get it checked.

Last edited: