Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LED Dash Lights

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
Outstanding!!

Thanks Brett!

And a hearty "well done"!!! :yeah: Yours was the first kit I'd sent out, with another late last week - which was also installed without any hassles, and that bloke's pretty happy too!

Including my car and the two other conversions I've done, that makes 5 conversions altogether sofar - 4 VZs and a VY.

And we must all extend our thanks to Furrhead for starting this thread! (sorry Mate, I've kinda hijacked it, haven't I??) :whistling The seed had been planted, but you threw a little "fertiliser" on to get it growing. (see ya Wednesday!)

Cheerz!

M

mor11J

I would be interested in a dashboard mod for my impulse blue, but I would be after a red mod, not the blue (too much like FORD).

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
G'Day Troy.

Yeah, I actually thought about that very thing. I'm not sure about eBay though, given that the contents of the kit is very much dependent on which model, and appointment level. The JC Shop is a good idea though, just wonder if they'd go for it. :unsure: I guess it can't hurt to try!

Cheerz All!

furrhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy 3.8
Blue light disco

Just had my dash lights converted by Phredy today. What can I say but "bloody great". Great job done and he is one of the nicest blokes you could meet (not many of us left)!!!!!!!!!!
Anyway, if you want to stand out from the crowd and colour your dash do yourself a favour and get one his kits that he has put together or get the wizard to do it for you.

Donnie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Black SV8
Gday ppls,

I want a diferent dash light too! but is it possible to convert it all to white light? me have a white SV6 and Id love for it to all match! How much for the kits ive heard about soooo much? and who does em? will anyone do it in melbourne or will i have to rist breaking something! (again!) thanks heaps guys

Shortsta

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S Pack Ute
Phreddy....and others....excellent work. I only wish i knew about this site earlier. I have a blue VZ s pac ute, and would love my dash to reflect the car colour. My issues are that A - I cant solder to save myself, B - I live in Griffith NSW (but am in Melbourne often) and C - I now have to pray that there is enough interest for you to buy more LED's :)
Please consider me one of the interested parties, and let me know if your purchase of lights is going to go ahead. Feel free to PM me too :)
Cheers....Shorty.

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
G'Day All.

Sorry I've not been in for a while, been bloody flat-out!

Thanks for the review Furrhead! Glad you're pleased with it Mate, makes the effort worthwhile.

Shorty - the interest is growing, although slowly. There's a fairly good chance I'll be able to do another buy-in, but I will be asking for a deposit from the interested folks. I ain't no businessman, and I can't afford to have a whole lot of stock sitting around that I "might end up using eventually". ;)

Donnie - no reason at all it couldn't be done in white. If I can count yourself among those interested, I'll simply order a larger quantity of white LEDs (the supplier still has a broken reel of those, so I can get smaller numbers) as I normally have to get them anyway for the high beam LED. (yours of course would remain blue)

To be honest I will need to see a bit more interest yet before I can commit to the buy, but I am keeping in touch with those who are. Anyone who is, PM me with an e-mail addy and we'll talk.

Anyways, gotta get to work! I'll be back....

Cheerz!

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Phreddy..me again, I have a few guys that would be interested in the mod. I can do the installs I just don't have the outlay for the LEDs nor the ability to do so! So, once I have there deposits, I will send through an order and some shiny stuff for the kits. Whats the price of the full 50?

Shortsta

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S Pack Ute
So Phreddy. Just wondering how many "interested parties" you would need to make the next buy for the kits, and how is the interest looking? I for one am more than happy to make a deposit when the time comes. Unfortunately i dont know many others with a VZ, so cant drum up much interest beyond myself, but am hoping there are lots more people in the wings :)
Cheers....Simon