Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Led low beam load resistor install

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Ok so I need to install some load resistors to fix my canbus error but it's very tricky to get to behind the headlight and even harder to find somewhere to mount there and I don't really want to make a hole in the headlight dust cap I was wondering if it is possible to wire in the load resistors via the low beam fuses in the fuse box in the engine bay?

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
A good branded load resistor should have mounting points. It should be mounted to the body to assist heat dispersion, as they can get very hot.

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
Ebay.com.au?
Plugs in to existing connectors.
Inline solution

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
I know there is a plug and play solution however I don't want to put a hole in the headlight dust caps to mount it outside that's why I had the idea of tapping into the fuse box wiring

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
They get hot. Don't put inside fuse box. tap the wiring harness OK. Use lots of sealant over your connections to keep moisture out.

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Front bar off, headlights out.

Only way your going to find a siutable location that as others have said - can be mounted to solid metal. Those things get incredibly hot.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
thanks for everyone's advice i brought some with the h7 plugs and installed them behind the headlight i managed to do it just by removing the wheels for better access and mounted them directly to the frame with rivets