Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dim low beam headlights - are driving lights/daytime running lights a solution? Is there a solution?

RiffRaffMama

Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin VX II Berlinas - "Vanessa" and "Geraldine"
The Shuroo has saved our arse more times than I can count. Only thing it never has an effect on is cows.

All the birds on the road having a drink after rain. Gone. So no mass slaughter as you plow through.

Roos, foxes, goats, dogs, sheep, birds. All of them gone.
Can people hear them, though? Do you come whistling down the road?

RiffRaffMama

Reaction score
Members Ride
They are Sonic Animal Repellers, less than $5 from SCA. And I also get a warm and fuzzy feeling that they work.

It has been over 20 years since I hit a roo ( Yes, really, Mr. Murphy, twice in my HQ which I didn't have them on ) back in the olden days when I used to drive to work on a dark, lonely road.
With them fitted since then, no problems.
I put them on my mate's LandCruiser before we went Birdsville, and he just laughed. No animals were harmed during our trip.
But they do not work on cattle. They see you coming, walk into the middle of the road and stare at you. Maybe the Repellers make them inquisitive.

For $5 they are worth a try, and you can report your conclusions, or collisions.
You're the second person to say they don't work on cows. I've only ever come across a stray cow twice in the 11 years I've lived out here, and you tend to see them long before you're close enough to clean them up, so that's not a concern. There seems to be a lot of positive reviews of the things (shooroos, not cows), so it's off to ebay to throw a few $ at some.

RiffRaffMama

Reaction score
Members Ride

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Do you have one of these?
Yes. A much older version. They used to two separate speakers and easy to mount either side of the number plate. Now they are a one piece unit that is bulky and difficult to mount. They don’t look great.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Yes. If you sit in front long enough when they are on, it can make you feel nauseous

RiffRaffMama

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yes. A much older version. They used to two separate speakers and easy to mount either side of the number plate. Now they are a one piece unit that is bulky and difficult to mount. They don’t look great.
Quick question... isn't it like 3.30am where you are?

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Another benefit of a PD supercharger

Mrs-"why did you fit a supercharger to the car?
Me-" your safety honey, it alerts animals that we're rolling down the Hwy"

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
That's the sort of thing I'm talking about. What do you wire those up to? Are they on all the time, or only when your lights are on? Where would you install them on a VX?

You could wire them up to come on with your low beam....

Have a look down low and see if you can find somewhere to bolt them up...Unfortunately I don't have a VX, but can have a sticky later today on my VY and see if I can find a spot on that that might help you out