Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Left Low-Beam Headlight Not Working

cadc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
My left projection headlight isn't working and i don't have the faintest clue why.

The car is a ve omega commodore that i just bought but it has different headlights that i think are from a hsv or ssv but it has the projection headlights.

The bulb seems to be okay and is still intact (checked with a multimeter) tried the other bulb in the socket too and still no go so i was pretty sure the socket was to blame.

So i checked the socket and it seems to pumping out 12v. I also used the multimeter to check that the black wire was earthed and it seems fine.

Any idea what the hell is going on? cheers.

SV6.07

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6 Nitrate & 2011 VE SV6 Poison Ivy
thats a strange one. i do know they do have separate fuses for left low beam and right low beam. but your getting power to the socket. have a look in your owners manual and find the fuse for low left beam.. those fuses are in box in engine bay.

cadc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
took it to an auto electrician today and he reckons it was just a bit loose in the socket and a bit dirty - $65 for labour and a new light, not happy at all considering he broke my perfectly fine old light. never again autospark.

RoaringSky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY9.5 Manual Sedan
He broke your old light? You mean your old light bulb?

cadc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
yer that's what i meant it was fine then he tested it then it broke probably because i touched it with my fingers i was angry when i wrote that post.

Just a development the same light has stopped working since the auto electrician 'fixed' it. I turned the socket around the other way and it worked until i turned the lights off again and it hasn't worked since. Still very confused.

Also if a bulb filament is still intact does that mean the bulb is still good? or can the bulb be broken with the filament intact?

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
If the Auto Electrician broke the bulb then he/she/it is liable for the cost of replacement.

cadc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Pffft a bulb is a perishable item - good luck getting warranty on that.

actually i wrote a letter of complaint and although i was chasing a partial refund for the labour he offered to pay me back for the bulb so i jumped on that even though it probably broke because i may have touched it with my fingers

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
actually i wrote a letter of complaint and although i was chasing a partial refund for the labour he offered to pay me back for the bulb so i jumped on that even though it probably broke because i may have touched it with my fingers

Having the ability to blame others for your own mistakes is a wonderful trait.
Good luck with your problem.