Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Legal wheel spacers?

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
the biggest issue you will face using a spacer or any illegal mod is your insurance company not paying out if they find there are illegal mods to the vehicle so keep in mind that a small spacer may not hurt but it can be quite costly if your insurance does not payout because they don't see it the same way as you.

myself, i would be getting factory rims off a vf that had brembos before I would be getting spacers.

saroadie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 Storm
...all so the OP can legally make wheels clear illegal brakes...

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
...all so the OP can legally make wheels clear illegal brakes...
I have these brakes on my car and had them mod plated (engineered passed )along with my supercharger , purely for insurance purposes . I think the 6 pot Brembo's are a bit bigger than the 4 pot front Brembo's ,I don't think there is much room with the Redline wheels , though someone fitted them on this forum there was like a ciggy paper clearance . I picked a HSV rim's to be sure of plenty space .

Last edited:

saroadie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 Storm
Haha dunno. If both brakes and spacers were fitted and the car was defected, they'd both be coming off.
Which one is the PITA to remove and return to OE spec?

saroadie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 Storm
I have these brakes on my car and had them mod plated (engineered passed )along with my supercharger , purely for insurance purposes . I think the 6 pot Brembo's are a bit bigger than the 4 pot front Brembo's I don't think there is much room ven though someone fitted them on this forum there was like a ciggy paper clearance . I picked a HSV rim's to be sure of plenty space .
If it's engineer certified then all good obviously.

Mattricho

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV my15
Sorry spacer is probably the wrong word was more thinking can you legally like weld some alloy to the rim and getting it all balanced basically permanently adding material to the rim to change the offset?

Also the brakes are getting an engineer certificate

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
Sorry spacer is probably the wrong word was more thinking can you legally like weld some alloy to the rim and getting it all balanced basically permanently adding material to the rim to change the offset?

Also the brakes are getting an engineer certificate

Just put about 5 or 6 washers on each stud then put the wheel on , that should do the trick o_O