Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Legalising drugs

Should drugs be legalised?

• Legalise

Votes: 12 25.5%
  • Keep it how it is

Votes: 35 74.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
just reading through all this and there's some terribly hypocritical comments. people stating that illegal drug takers are stupid and taking drugs doesnt make any sense, so why take them.
i guarantee 9/10 of the people claiming this get drunk on a casual basis. possibly even more than casual...and at least once to the extreme where they have gotten so drunk they probably cant even remember a thing the next day and have terrible physical side effects (aka - a hangover). so why do you drink then?? its expensive and you feel like crap afterwards.
what im getting at here is that people who take drugs do it for the same reasons you drink alcohol. as a social, or recreational stimulant to relax themselves or/and to amplify experiences and sensations - basically, for enjoyment.
with the exception of severe cases...such as herion addicts - who in most instances have alot of problems and are commonly suffering from depression or similar illnesses when they turn to such drugs because they've lost all reasoning and care.
its all well and good to just put a mark over all illegal drug takers and say they are evil and all this crap, but the two main legal drugs, tobacco and alcohol have much, much, much higher fatality rates and cause more problems in our society than all the illegal drugs put together.
so stop and think just one minute before you dive head first into saying comments which show just how far your head is up your ass and how ignorant you are.

that said, im against legalising anymore drugs, not because i think drugs are evil. just because i cant see how it would work, and there are too many influential sectors of society, such as religious groups, ethnic groups and the conglomerates (who stand to loose billions) who would never let it happen.

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
it's pretty funny,

there are 2 people in a doctors surgery, one is a user of i dont know, let's say extasay, the other is a drinker, drinks 1 carton of beer a day and is alway's drunk

now the extasy user has a heart attack, i know cpr. i just sit there, and let him die.

now the drinker has a heart attack, i also sit there and let him die

drinking and drug taking a consious chose you make as a human being. by saying that there are contributing factors well, there probably are, but you still have the concisouse choise to say no, and simply walk away. it's not a hard decision to make, you just walk away. how hard is it, put your left foot infront of the other and take a few steps.
you seriously cant tell me that depresion can cause you to use herioin. people who turn to drugs are weak.

if the government is to legalize drugs then so be it, the following ones in my view only
1. alcohole
2. tobacco
3. mariunjia or how ever it's spelt
the rest should be outlaw'd and enforces extreamly harsh.

and for anyone out there who say's to me garth you drink or you smoke, hahahahaha think again, out of my list of legalize drugs, i do not one of them. but have done before. this is a educated comment writen by a educated person whos' main fear is his daughter will come home one day under the infulence of something. this is my main concern as a parent, not teenage pregenancy, but drug use

VHSLX3300

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S Pac VH SL/X
I believe only alcohol, marijuana and tabacco should be legalized. Marijuana in small doses can be less effective then alcohol. As for the harsher drugs such a coke, meth, xtc etc etc it should stay the way it is, they are horrible mind killing drugs. In relistic terms though the three drugs I believe should be legalized can all kill you easily. Alcohol poisoning, DUI and crashing, lung cancer etc. But if people choose to use them then go for it. What other people do or think doesn't affect me and I let them do whatever they like. But as I said before the harsher drugs are a problem as they affect the general public whether we want to accept it or not

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
I take your points garth relating to taking drugs and drinking, i also beleive it's up to the person in question to make the decision to smoke, inject or drink.
I do beleive we should however have compassion for people who need some help and are willing to try and turn their lives around.
I like you have kids and i am constantly worried about what my boys are going to face when it's their turn to run their own lives.
I would like to think education is a going to be a big priority(if it already isn't) in schools to show kids what drugs can do.
I don't care if people don't agree with me, i am thinking as a parent of two boys, i'm not in any way worried about me cause i can tell you i'll never stick that crap in my body.

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
How are they?

Both are lifestyle choices, and both can kill you.

The only difference here is that junk food in moderation won't kill you, drug use could result in death.

Speak to anyone who is overly obese, and they'll say eating junk food is addictive, and its a very hard lifestyle for them to get out of. Just like any drug user.

Except many drugs are actually chemically addictive, so saying NO is even harder, yet you think its just that simple. qwertsta was simply highlighting the ignorance of your statement.

People take up drugs for many various reasons, however thats not the issue here, its getting off them thats the problem. Saying NO to your first hit may be easy, but once you take that first hit, the 2nd is harder to say no to. Just like the food we eat, if you like something, you become increasingly dependant upon it.

Yes I agree both can kill you, but drug kills at a much much faster rate than junkies.
In fact people who eat junk foods have plenty of time to rehabilitate or make proper choices to stop, on the other hand drug users prob get themselves killed before even making themselves a commitment to come off drugs or seek proper help.

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
I didn't vote because I don't like either option. No way in hell legalise it, what sort of message is that sending people? Its okay because its legal?
I also don't think things should stay as they are now, there should be much harsher penalties, not just this slap on the wrist crap we have now. Zero tolerance is the answer!

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
I didn't vote because I don't like either option. No way in hell legalise it, what sort of message is that sending people? Its okay because its legal?
I also don't think things should stay as they are now, there should be much harsher penalties, not just this slap on the wrist crap we have now. Zero tolerance is the answer!

i reckon we need to take the approach the government in indonesia and vietnam have taken. zero tollerace. we will shoot you. simple as that.

qwertsta

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina
i reckon we need to take the approach the government in indonesia and vietnam have taken. zero tollerace. we will shoot you. simple as that.

As much as i love the island Bali off indonesia, there law's are a complete joke. Ok i can understand the death penalty for Hard drug's but Marijuana? Come on that is a complete joke. It is proved that it is less damaging for your body than some legal drug's like alcohol and tobabaco and i remember reading somewhere that if it was legal it could replace 25% of prescribed legal drug's without the nasty side effect's. The cannabis plant is easily one of mother nature's best invention. It can make over 400 non drug thing's what include oil, clothe's, paper etc. And yet it's still illegal in this day of age.

Also here's a interesting fact
"In 1916, the U.S. Government predicted that by the 1940s all paper would come from hemp and that no more trees need to be cut down. Government studies report that 1 acre of hemp equals 4.1 acres of trees. Plans were in the works to implement such programs; Department of Agriculture"

And here is a awsome article on cannabis for non drug purposes http://www.world-mysteries.com/marijuana1.htm

Last edited:

itchy pits

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz
drugs are bad mmmmmmkay

if you take nething harder than pot than your a wanker .....(yes this recreonational drug will eventually mess ya head up. but most people will grow out of it and find something better to put their money towards)

i drink piss 3 or 4 times a YEAR but i love to have a splif an a friday arvo after work. :w00t: (and that night i get the best night sleep)

unfortunately ive got a family member on ICE and i cant get it through his head that the **** is ****ing him up, but he wont listen. :bang:

i spent 6 weeks in amsterdam and its sorta freaky walking back from the redlight district having wierdos walking next to you asking if u want crack and other ****. but you know not to buy off the streets cause the risks are huge. if you have been to a country where some drugs are legal then you would see a difference in culture and a difference in people.

i watched this dude for about an hour yelling at leaves blowing down the street :thumbsup: because of drugs so i dont think legalising them is a good idea. (it was funny though :yeah: )

I work with a fella who rights him self off on a thursday night and i hate working with him some fridays he stinks from what ever he was drinking and we are working with electrical ****, and im like mate just hold off for 1 more night and then go nuts friday

ps. if i get a stick it lasts me a week, just cause i have it doesnt mean i have to smoke it all in 1 go. thats where being responsibil comes into it

Status
Not open for further replies.