Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Light modding my stock VZ

ROLNBG

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6 M6
Hey all,

I have a few questions.

1. What would I exactly need to upgrade to get better stability in my VZ Exc around corners, my old VX used to handle them very well.

2. What are the absolute best brake pads I can get in my exc without getting the HSV Brake Package? (ebay linky or similar would be fantastic)

3. Would it help if I got the 2 bars that go across the motor and the one in the boot? (i'm sorry, i'm not so good with the lingo, they are strut bars?)

Thanks heaps

hey mate, i bought dba drilled and slotted (front and back) with Bendix ultimates pads...stops awesome. and i put a line locker in so i wouldnt warp the rear disc's when i have a bit of fun :whistling (here is a pic)

Last edited:

Ewok

Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 GTR 360AWHP
Nah, if it was warped discs you would feel it whenever you brake, not just going over potholes and bumps, also if it's warped discs, you wouldn't feel shudder in the brake pedal, just in the body of the car itself as you are braking, had mine machined recently. It's as we have said, just the ABS working. When you're braking going over potholes and so forth where the gradient of the road changes all of a sudden, the ABS makes sure that a consistent amount of force is still being applied to the brakes.