Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

lights problem

joe_joe89

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 vr commodore
ok this is the prob, with the headlights turned off everythings fine till i press the brake pedal, then the instrument lights and the park lights come on. But when i turn on the headlights the brake lights stay on and the cruise control dosnt work any help would greatly be appreciated thanx

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
guessing one of the brake light bulbs that has 2 elements in it, the brake element has shorted itself on the parker element. Check all globs with the parker lights one, then get someone to press the brake and check all lights light up and check if any go out.

has this recently occured or just all of a sudden just started happening?

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
or one of your brake / tail globes has been incorrectly fitted and is bridging the terminals in the socket. Take all the tail light globes out and check them then refit them carefully.

tt460

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS exec
Going with what has been said, i had issues with a mazda i owned that was shorting out in the trailer plug, but i had other strange things going on like the headlights flashing when i indicated so if that doesnt fix it perhaps look at the wiring involved with the trailer plug if it has one