Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LN3 Computer/s **** itself

AlphaOne36

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY L63
I have just checked engine plate and the internet was wrong, engine is LN3. My apologies

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I have just checked engine plate and the internet was wrong, engine is LN3. My apologies

Well yes and no.

Here in Australia we call it an ecotec V6, Holden/GM use LN3 as the RPO engine code on build plates and the Yanks refer to the engine as L36 (instead of ecotec).

Interestingly, It's actually part of the Buick V6 family, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buick_V6_engine

But back to your engine/computer problem. I don't think you have a engine computer problem. There is no safety that magically sets stuff off at 82°C coolant temp as that is well below the normal operating temp. But a lot/most of the fault codes you are getting centre around the BCM.

If you disconnect what ever you are using to monitor engine temps does it fault still occur?

Reactions: Lex

AlphaOne36

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY L63
Well yes and no.

Here in Australia we call it an ecotec V6, Holden/GM use LN3 as the RPO engine code on build plates and the Yanks refer to the engine as L36 (instead of ecotec).

Interestingly, It's actually part of the Buick V6 family, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buick_V6_engine

But back to your engine/computer problem. I don't think you have a engine computer problem. There is no safety that magically sets stuff off at 82°C coolant temp as that is well below the normal operating temp. But a lot/most of the fault codes you are getting centre around the BCM.

If you disconnect what ever you are using to monitor engine temps does it fault still occur
After codes were cleared this was first thing I tried, still repeated. Could it have something to do with the slip ring fault causing a sort of reaction? As I said the anti-theft likes to throw a hissy fit at times even with the original keys

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
This might help. The original PDF is huge so I've broken the diagnostics section up into 3 parts

Attachments

• Section12J Body Control Module - VY12J _Pt3.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 30
  • Section12J Body Control Module - VY12J _Pt2.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 33
  • Section12J Body Control Module - VY12J _Pt1.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 22