Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Logbook Servicing - 2017 SSV Redline

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
I'd be confident to say the cheapest VF2 SS advertised for 33k with 272000km's, the seller wouldn't accept my offer of $4500.

In all seriousness though an average to high mileage early VE SS should only be worth about $8000 or less by now. I remember quite clearly that before there was any talk of Holden shutting local production you could get VP-VT SS for around that money every day of the week.

Even HSVs could be had for that kind of money, now you’ll only get the grandpa cars for that money (Statesman, Caprice, etc) and the SS’s don’t really kick in until around $12,000 and go up from there.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
In all seriousness though an average to high mileage early VE SS should only be worth about $8000 or less by now. I remember quite clearly that before there was any talk of Holden shutting local production you could get VP-VT SS for around that money every day of the week.
What do they cost now?
’Cos the way the general used-car market’s gone in the intervening 10 years since Holden announced it was to be murdered, that’s the equivalent of around $12k these days.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
What do they cost now?
’Cos the way the general used-car market’s gone in the intervening 10 years since Holden announced it was to be murdered, that’s the equivalent of around $12k these days.

True, inflation being what it is it’s probably on par with prices from back then.