Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Logbook Servicing - 2017 SSV Redline

rossimo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s2 wagon
I think generally speaking, the dealers are dreaming a little less than the private sellers.
I've thought similar lately looking on carsales, alot of the dealer cars are better priced than what private sales are chasing.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I've thought similar lately looking on carsales, alot of the dealer cars are better priced than what private sales are chasing.
And when buying at a dealer you get guaranteed title and ACL statutory warranty as well as a used car statutory warranty, and often it's for less money that deluded private sellers :cool:

Last edited:

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
There's a lot of private seller dreaming in the high km's "half stuffed" VF section, they're off their chops!
Thing is, a VF at 100k kms is really only “quarter stuffed”.
It obviously depends on your intended usage, but if resale isn’t the concern then 100k isn’t really that much.
I’ve started looking around for a 2nd car which will likely be a Mazda3, and since our plan is to keep it ‘til it’s stuffed & not worry about resale, I don’t see there’s a huge amount of value in paying ~$23k for a car with 60k kms when I can pay ~$15k for a car with 120k kms … as age will likely get it before km’s do.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Thing is, a VF at 100k kms is really only “quarter stuffed”.
It obviously depends on your intended usage, but if resale isn’t the concern then 100k isn’t really that much.
I’ve started looking around for a 2nd car which will likely be a Mazda3, and since our plan is to keep it ‘til it’s stuffed & not worry about resale, I don’t see there’s a huge amount of value in paying ~$23k for a car with 60k kms when I can pay ~$15k for a car with 120k kms … as age will likely get it before km’s do.
Well maintained cars with 100,000km's + are ok if they're cheap, but the VF issue, is sellers asking too much for these cars. I'd pay 18k for a reasonable VF2 SS with 120,000km's, but not 40k. I'd rather pay 50k for a mint one with 25,000km's.

The km to price ratio with VF is massively out of whack, I think!

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
Well maintained cars with 100,000km's + are ok if they're cheap, but the VF issue, is sellers asking too much for these cars. I'd pay 18k for a reasonable VF2 SS with 120,000km's, but not 40k. I'd rather pay 50k for a mint one with 25,000km's.

The km to price ratio with VF is massively out of whack, I think!
But what are buyers actually paying?
Asking price depends on whether the seller truely wants to sell. Some of them seem to be saying "I'll sell if you are stupid enough to pay this price".
Or if it's a case of "I know what I've got" tossers.
(Much like trying to get a builder/electrician/plumber in Sydney atm).
Will we get a recession and all assets drop in numbers to a real price?

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
But what are buyers actually paying?
Asking price depends on whether the seller truely wants to sell. Some of them seem to be saying "I'll sell if you are stupid enough to pay this price".
Or if it's a case of "I know what I've got" tossers.
(Much like trying to get a builder/electrician/plumber in Sydney atm).
Will we get a recession and all assets drop in numbers to a real price?
The Mrs - You need to sell that bloody thing.

The Mr - I'm trying babe, but no one wants to buy it.