Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Long range tank issue's

Adrian's Vr

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr commodore manual
so huge issues arises when i put my vs 80l in my vr, the sender is different as, so my long floaty is wrong, slapped normal one in, the tank has 2 hoses, 1 big 1 small where as my vr one has 2 small 1 big, so I just capped of the breather thats not in use on the filler neck, and now the strap won't work, the one on the left is mint, the one on the right seems to be too big, big question I'm asking is does the vs straps different to the vr straps or is the vn straps different to vr as it can be from a vn???

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
The VS tank hose set up is different to the VR models

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
As luvers said, yes different hose set up on top, but it can be rearranged to suit, sender units are different for the vn/vp/vr/vs depending on car/wagon/ute and the vn/vp S1 tanks have fuel return line on tank away from sender unit.
big question I'm asking is does the vs straps different to the vr straps or is the vn straps different to vr as it can be from a vn???
The straps are also different for the different rear end/diff, either irs or live axles and 1 strap is/has a different fixing end, and needs modifying.

Adrian's Vr

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr commodore manual
As luvers said, yes different hose set up on top, but it can be rearranged to suit, sender units are different for the vn/vp/vr/vs depending on car/wagon/ute and the vn/vp S1 tanks have fuel return line on tank away from sender unit.

The straps are also different for the different rear end/diff, either irs or live axles and 1 strap is/has a different fixing end, and needs modifying.

I just bent the angle out of it and forced it on, sits really tight so send it i reckon, also i just capped off the second breather on my filler neck (originally ran down to the top of the tank as a third little breather), also do u know about vt injectors in a vr? Do I need to change my nozzle tips

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
I have a VS ute and my tank has been a pain. That is all.