Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Looking at buying VF SSV Redline

Senator01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6.2
Wheels are all black, the barrels just need a good clean (pre delivery detail didn't really get to that it would seem). Car cost me around $62,000 for the auto MY15 but they gave me $60k trade-in on my FPV GT, when other places were offering me $52-55k for the GT. So I essentially got the SSV Redline for around $54-57k-ish, depending on how you look at it. Rear tyres are 275's while the fronts are 245's. Full size alloy spare same as front wheels.

Be very careful washing the rims .. the paint will scratch easily. Treat them like the car itself.

graphicgoose

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 VF SSV Redline
Yeah, of course. I'll probably leave it for my detailer anyway, he can do it and then put Modesta Glass paint protection on them too, which will help immensely to protect against scratching.

ryan101

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
Yeah, of course. I'll probably leave it for my detailer anyway, he can do it and then put Modesta Glass paint protection on them too, which will help immensely to protect against scratching.
Modesta is awesome, who's you detailer?

graphicgoose

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 VF SSV Redline
I use Dale from OCDetailing in Perth. Modesta is great stuff, had it in my GT and it gave it unreal gloss for as flat white paint. I can't wait to see what it does with the metallic on my Redline.

graphicgoose

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 VF SSV Redline
So I was having a knocking/banging noise from the front left of my car since I picked it up from the dealer the other day. I called them yesterday and service representative reckons he knew exactly what it was and was an easy fix and to bring it in the next day. Took the car in this morning and seemed to be taking longer than I'd envisaged and finally he came out and said it wasn't what he'd thought and when they load tested the spring it wasn't performing anywhere near the way it should have and when they called Pedders the guys said they'd had a bad batch come through, had thought they'd got them all off the shelves but this one must have been missed. So they changed the spring out and all is good and right in the world now. Car feels even better now so a mate and I went for a decent punt through the hills today and it just inspires SO MUCH more confidence through the twisties than the GT ever did, even with the Shockworks coilovers fitted. It's got so much more grip (front and rear) and the balance is a lot better. Not once did I feel I went into a turn too hot and had to fight understeer to turn the car in, then wrestle with the rear as the weight transfer shook things up a bit. The Redline was smooth as silk and much more stable at speed. My mate commented afterwards that he didn't reckon there would have been that much difference in the handling and feel between my old GT and the Redline but he was surprised at how much better this car felt through the corners and at speed from the passenger seat. I'm very impressed!

JETURBO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF R8 SV
Great to hear dude !

Skid piks yet lol ;)

graphicgoose

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 VF SSV Redline
Cheers man, it's definitely a pleasant car ownership experience so far :)

No skid picks, needs more power. Off launch it'll spin up through first but dies and just grips when you shift to second. Be different if I stayed on the brakes...but that'd be naughty... :smoking:

Stripey more piks and details on the springs !

You're a needy mofo JET! Check out the Pedders catalogue, I've got the Pedders SportsRyder 212955
and 220092 Lowered Coil Springs. Drops ride height by about 35mm. Hub to guard is around 355mm now. Don't have stock measurement though sorry. I do have something hitting on the front right when going over hard bumps though, so will need to get that looked at as it's a bit annoying. Most of the time it's all good though.

Just as a follow up to this JET, turns out I had one of the spring numbers wrong. My setup is 2954 (drops it by about 20mm) in the front and 212955 (drops it by about 35mm) in the rear. Personally I reckon it's bang on for ride height!

benSSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
same here mate, standard exhaust was changed almost immediately for me though. Still as fun to drive now as it was early days.
I am also a Ford convert and am driving a Redline which is my first ever GM vehicle. I have had it for 11 months.
I love it and bought it for all the reasons you mentioned about the Fords. Its just newer, far more refined and a nicer place to be.
The interior is really what i was most impressed with and the level of tech that it comes with.

My only criticism is that the standard exhaust is too quiet but if you are going for a W310 pack or similar, that wont be an issue.

benSSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
wheels are awesome mate. the bridgestones are good, will be fine over the haul.
Cheers boys, I wasn't sure about the wheels when I first saw them in the brochure...but they've grown on me hey! Come stock with Bridgy's, which actually seems to hold on alright hey...with stock power anyway.

graphicgoose

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 VF SSV Redline
Cheers dude. Yeah, the more I drive this car the more I like it. It's a great daily driver! Just needs a bit more power, but that can come later.