Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Looking for a DSLR

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Learn the difference between sucking up and sharing the same view/opinion.

Nice photos man.

I never said you couldn't take photos. Just I didn't accept what you were saying as correct : ) bit of a difference.

I guess I will believe what I believe, and in my opinion (it makes sense).

It just seems that because minux said what he said, you jumped on the band wagon just to shoot me down. I have tested this myself, and feel it to be true. I also got 100% on my eye test when I went for my license, so I do not have **** vision.

You yourself have said that you do not know everything about photography. You or minux have not provided anything to back up your claims, where as I have.

I also think that master of all crafts comment from you was very bloody rude!

To the op,
I gave my opinion, as to what I thought would be a suitable starting point for you and you friend.
I also provided a link to a REAL professional that gets paid to review different cameras and lenses, I did this so that you can do your own research and choose for yourself what you want to buy.

some_guy

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SII Exec.
It just seems that because minux said what he said, you jumped on the band wagon just to shoot me down. I have tested this myself, and feel it to be true. I also got 100% on my eye test when I went for my license, so I do not have **** vision.

You yourself have said that you do not know everything about photography.

I've read enough books, websites, talked around other photographers, plus taken courses, all about the basics of photography and choosing lenses, I have never heard what you were saying. Not to mention it just didn't make sense and your argument changed over time.

And if you think I jumped on some bandwagon so be it. I read your comment then replied as I saw fit. It just do happened that minux had also replied. I wrote again agreeing with what he'd said as I felt he wrote it better.

II also think that master of all crafts comment from you was very bloody rude!

"Cry me a river oh oh" - Justin Timberlake.

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
I've read enough books, websites, talked around other photographers, plus taken courses, all about the basics of photography and choosing lenses, I have never heard what you were saying. Not to mention it just didn't make sense and your argument changed over time.

And if you think I jumped on some bandwagon so be it. I read your comment then replied as I saw fit. It just do happened that minux had also replied. I wrote again agreeing with what he'd said as I felt he wrote it better.

"Cry me a river oh oh" - Justin Timberlake.

A lens with a faster aperture, lets more light onto the camera sensor when it is fully open, as opposed to a lens that has a slower aperture. Is this not correct?
This is a simple yes or no question! I hope you can answer it that easily.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
A lens with a faster aperture, lets more light onto the camera sensor when it is fully open, as opposed to a lens that has a slower aperture. Is this not correct?

No **** sherlock, no one is saying that is not the case. You are claiming that the viewfinder changes brightness based on the aperture of the lens. We are saying it does not.

By the way, why are you so concerned about posting up wedding pics? No confidence in your work?

some_guy

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SII Exec.

Yes you are correct, but your view finder won't change brightness when you change lenses with different maximum apetures.

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
No **** sherlock, no one is saying that is not the case. You are claiming that the viewfinder changes brightness based on the aperture of the lens. We are saying it does not.

By the way, why are you so concerned about posting up wedding pics? No confidence in your work?

I had very limited experience, I made them aware of this and I did not charge them much either, it was to help me learn and they were happy with the results. What your point?

Yes you are correct, but your view finder won't change brightness when you change lenses with different maximum apetures.

Where does all that extra light go? Why wont it change the brightness?

The light is deflected by a mirror, if there is more light being let in by a faster lens than what a slower lens would (you both said this is true), you WILL see more light in your viewfinder. Does this not make sense? if not, how does this not make sens?

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
My head really hurts...

Can someone recommend just a basic, entry level camera. And a slightly more upmarket one for Pickle?

Reaction score
Members Ride
9th Consecutive Commodore: VEII
I had an entry level Nikon and loved it. I added a 18-200 lens so I wouldn't have to swap lenses at awkward moments.

I have since moved across to a Sony NEX 5N which is much smaller than an DSLR but yields similar results. It's fantastic.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Even an entry level DSLR is not basic lol.. The Canon 18mp 600D gets pretty good reviews, body and 18-55 lens for $800 or so.