Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Looking for a DSLR

304runner

( .Y. )
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0 Ute & a 4runner with a VS SS trasplant
Never in my life did I ever anticipate witnessing a fight on a car forum over camera lenses.... :boxing:

Also, a toilet roll ducked taped to the end of a disposable camera works well too.. Just my 2.2 cents (GST included)

some_guy

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SII Exec.
If you did what I said you should with the DOF preview button, you would see the difference between a lens that has a max aperture of f1.8 and one that has f5.6.
But I guess this is more than you are capable of so, just keep being some_guy because that's all I think of you as.

At no point in your original argument did you specify that we should use the DOF button too see this light difference.

Plus my previous comment remains relevant m. If you can push the DOF button change lenses the press it again and notice a difference. You have the eyes of a god.

Continue thinking of me as some_guy and I'll continue of thinking of you as some muppet who thinks a commodore is a race car.

INNAWE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais 5ltr
..... and they are still going at it....... and we are still getting at laugh out of it lol. Keep up the entertainment guys. Loving the read.

OP how did you go with the original post. Did you end up getting one, if so what you get?

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
At no point in your original argument did you specify that we should use the DOF button too see this light difference.

Plus my previous comment remains relevant m. If you can push the DOF button change lenses the press it again and notice a difference. You have the eyes of a god.

Continue thinking of me as some_guy and I'll continue of thinking of you as some muppet who thinks a commodore is a race car.

I like talking to brick walls and mate you have to be the thickest brick wall I have ever spoken to!
Any car can be a race car you fool, if it races someone else or races the clock it's a race car, pull your head out of your ass.

some_guy

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SII Exec.
Any car can be a race car you fool, if it races someone else or races the clock it's a race car, pull your head out of your ass.

Ok, lets be honest here, that was low. But you had a dig at me i may aswell hit back. Now, lets move on.

I like talking to brick walls and mate you have to be the thickest brick wall I have ever spoken to!.

A brick wall i may be, but a consistently correct one at that.

I had some massive reply typed up, However its not worth it becasue we are at a point now where you are never going to change your mind.

Im glad we have given everyone a good read.

@OP i hope through all the crap we have left through these two pages you were able to pick out peoples good reccomendation for cameras.

Im Ron burgandy, Good night Sandiego, go F### yourself.

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Ok, lets be honest here, that was low. But you had a dig at me i may aswell hit back. Now, lets move on.

A brick wall i may be, but a consistently correct one at that.

I had some massive reply typed up, However its not worth it becasue we are at a point now where WE are never going to change OUR MINDS.

Im glad we have given everyone a good read.

@OP i hope through all the crap we have left through these two pages you were able to pick out peoples good reccomendation for cameras.

Im Ron burgandy, Good night Sandiego, go F### yourself.

Fixed it for you.
I'm glad we made some people happy :) that's always good.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline

You should of left the thread. The thing with idiots is they just bring you down to their level then whack you with experience.

Fact, an F4 aperture lens will look no different to an f1.2 lens on the body through the view finder. However, set one to f16 and one to f 1.2 and you will see a micro difference when using dof preview, personally, I see no difference from f10 to f1.2 during daylight, I doubt my gear could handle such intricate light details though. This dude said you can see the difference straight up and did not mention using dof preview. It wasnt until once he realised he was wrong he changed his mind. Easier to forget the thread and move on. You cannot beat someone who always moves their own goal posts.

some_guy

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SII Exec.
You should of left the thread. The thing with idiots is they just bring you down to their level then whack you with experience.

Fact, an F4 aperture lens will look no different to an f1.2 lens on the body through the view finder. However, set one to f16 and one to f 1.2 and you will see a micro difference when using dof preview, personally, I see no difference from f10 to f1.2 during daylight, I doubt my gear could handle such intricate light details though. This dude said you can see the difference straight up and did not mention using dof preview. It wasnt until once he realised he was wrong he changed his mind. Easier to forget the thread and move on. You cannot beat someone who always moves their own goal posts.

Hence why I said he'd never say he was wrong and that I'd move on.

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore

Maybe you need your glasses checked old man.
I never once changed my story you tool.