Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Looking for a new exhaust system for my SS

Cocopopz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS MY9.5, VL LS2
Hey guys, I know this has been covered a million times but with a few new exhaust systems out there I thought I would have another stab at it. I am going to can my current exhaust on my VE SS and I am looking for a new system including extractors, cats, and a 2.5" exhaust. This system also has to be full stainless. What is the best on the market at the moment? are xforce systems making the same hp figures as some of the other brands? my past experience with xforce is not the greatest. The car is also going to have a cam fitted in the very near future. Any help guys would be very appreciated.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Auto or maunal?
AFM or not?

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
There are a lot of people who love the KPM exhaust systems. However they are rather pricey, but at the same time they guarantee 2.5inch to be drone free.
KPM Auto > Holden > VE I, II and III 6.0,6.2, SS,SSV,HSV > Exhaust Systems

There is also the VCM Exhaust system (which I'll be putting on my SSV and will be running a cam eventually) they are slightly cheaper than the KPM System, but still drone free.
VCM Performance - High Quality Parts, High Performance Results - Performance Clutches, Harrop Parts, Cold Air Box, Motorsport Headers, Maf Meter, Oil Breather, Valve Springs, Performance Camshafts

Also, if your car is an auto you'll want to have the AFM turned off as whatever exhaust system you put on will have some drone when it drops down to 4cylinders.

Cocopopz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS MY9.5, VL LS2
Its a 6 speed non afm, thank god...

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Mine's a kpm and i recommend it IF you're not putting in a cam. Their systems sound poppy, if that makes sense, on a cammed car, in 2.5" anyway which is the case on mine.
However they are designing new mufflers as we speak to rectify the problem.

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Mine's a kpm and i recommend it IF you're not putting in a cam. Their systems sound poppy, if that makes sense, on a cammed car, in 2.5" anyway which is the case on mine.
However they are designing new mufflers as we speak to rectify the problem.

What exactly do you mean when you say poppy? As in when you back off the throttle... that crackle/pop etc...?

adr8

Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
I think they all crackle and pop on the overrun the only ones I heard that dont are the exhaust fitted with bimodal mufflers could be wrong though...

Go 3" inch Di filippo I got one couldn't be happier and no drone (mines manual)

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
I think they all crackle and pop on the overrun the only ones I heard that dont are the exhaust fitted with bimodal mufflers could be wrong though...

Go 3" inch Di filippo I got one couldn't be happier and no drone (mines manual)

I was under the impression that the crackle has more to do with the tune, rather than the exhaust itself

Do you have any ground clearance issues with the DiFilippo?
I met a guy a few months ago who has a Difilippo 3inch on his car, tones of trouble with a few different issues.

dmacey

Somebody, make me upset
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Series II Sedan Manual & a VK in the build
Can be controlled by the mufflers, it's unburnt fuel igniting in the exhaust that produces the popping sound

Dave

Mitch-VE6LTR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS series 2
Best way to make a VE exhaust pop is remove back mufflers and weld in some tail pipe. Could be a bit offensive to some like over the top but sounds pretty good.