Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Exhaust System

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
Finger clearance is good with exhausts, if you can get your fingers between the exhaust and something it's usually ok.
This was one of the reasons I changed my 3" to 2.5". I hit a bad speed hump (think black bitumen when that's the road) which I missed the sign for going about 40kph when it needed me to be at 15 to go over it without damage. Caught the middle muffler and stretched the exhaust - ended up rubbing on diff rubber doughnut coupler up hills or in reverse!

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
This was one of the reasons I changed my 3" to 2.5". I hit a bad speed hump (think black bitumen when that's the road) which I missed the sign for going about 40kph when it needed me to be at 15 to go over it without damage. Caught the middle muffler and stretched the exhaust - ended up rubbing on diff rubber doughnut coupler up hills or in reverse!
As you discovered, the 2.5" didn't cause a power loss and I believe to run a cumbersome exhaust, it needs to make more power to be worth the impracticalities.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I might be getting old but sometimes I feel my exhaust is too loud and a quieter one would be nice. I don't always want everyone to know I'm coming.