Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Losh's house build 5 years in the making

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I make a yeast bun dough. Roll them into round bun/roll shape, flatten them with a scraper and use a tube to cut out the hole. Prove them up and fry them in the electric frypan.
Baking was my trade, but last time I worked in a bakery was around 15 or so years ago.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
Try a small dose of injector cleaner in the whipper snipper. Start it and let it idle for about 10 minutes and then see if it will rev properly.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
I have / just ( got a new ), Stil combi eg = powers an edger . wiper sniper, and hedge trimer
Spu in But after 16 years and the last 18 months or so 2 carby cleans / refurbs , a rebuild and then a new carby.
Fxxked up again beginning of this summer = soo , Bit the bullet = a new one!!!!!
apart from carby issues = 1 filter and 1 spark plug = so can't complain about old 1.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
So a few weeks ago I experimented with watered down glypho in a hose pack. Well here is the results it worked a treat.
I also had a bloke come in and trim my fence and it to now looks the goods.
I might be signing a contract for sale in the next week. It will be hard to see it go but the time has come to allow someone else to enjoy the property.
20220126_134713_resized.jpg

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
What.

You know you’re going to have to start another thread.

Oh, and the shed. What about the shed?

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
That grass will be back. You'll kill the leaf but not the rhizome. Anyway, it looks like it will be sold by then.
Is this the other house? The older one?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah the old house. The weeds always come back and it's a constant battle to keep them at bay. But this is a whole lot easier than spending over an hour with a backpack unit.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
So got notice today the finance clause is satisfied and the contract is now unconditional. Settlement is booked for 8th of April. Going to be sad to see the house I actually helped build and did a lot myself go to a new owner..... I just hope they take care of it the way I did. I put 1000s of my own hours into building this house.....

I would have liked to have done another oil change, in the diff and engine again before I no longer have my pit, but the diff was done less than 6k ago and engine about the same. Not looking forward to lying on my back to service the new ute....... I will save up for a hoist for the new shed but unlikely I will get one this year, although anything is possible...... Heading up there this Saturday to bring a load back, and then have rallied some help for the clean and final move the following Saturday.

I'm a little sad I never quite finished it. Pantry doors, rear and one side fence never got built, as neither did the built-ins. But the new owners can tackle those jobs.

The new owners are a young couple starting out, and its nice to see that they will have a place of their own for the new baby due in April. It was a great place and something I never thought would be built 7-8 years ago when I bought the land and had the house designed and it was certainly a real blessing, especially when I lost everything 9 years ago when ex-wife left... Sets us up here though for paying off this new house probably 10 years sooner and onto bigger and better things. :) :)

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Um. Paid off in 10 years? Dude you just bought Black Thunder.
Best you move the date out to 20.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Um. Paid off in 10 years? Dude you just bought Black Thunder.
Best you move the date out to 20.
10 years is my ideal goal, but what I meant was selling the second property should shave 10 years off our new home loan. I was doing some thinking last night as I do, and am thinking I might be able to retire when I'm 60 all going well. Three more years with my current employer and I will have enough leave to work a four day week for about 15 months and still get paid for five. If we smash the loan while we can, 10 years might have it pretty close to paid out.