Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Losh's latest, 955 Triumph Sprint ST

Marras

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE GTS
As far as I’m aware the LED’s need a ballast or something for them to work correctly. Just go back to the original lights they are much better.

As for a pipe and tune. You won’t notice any difference in the power.
Just rev the thing harder. Bikes love the revs.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
As far as I’m aware the LED’s need a ballast or something for them to work correctly. Just go back to the original lights they are much better.

Yeah I'm going to try and get OEM if they are still available.

Dylan kingswood

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 s2 Ve ss
$1,000 for a service. My God, what’s the world coming to!
I’ve got a guy coming on Saturday to trim a spotted blue gum tree in my back garden, he’s charging me $1,000 cash.
I’ve worked three days this week and I’ve worked f@#king hard, and my earnings won’t cover what he’s charging for something I’ve no doubt will take him less than half a day.
Fair enough, I understand that arborists are good at what they do and work hard, but even working as a bricklayer I never earned that kind of money.
The f@#king world has gone mad!
Apprentice at work brought a block with 3 white gums on it biggest being 1.1m girth smallest was 700mm, his cheapest quote to just fall them was 7g plus gst,
In the wrong trade for sure i fell them and kept the wood and piled the rubbish ready to burn and he gave me $2500 which he wouldnt take back
10tonne of stacked wood in 2 days was a win

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8

Yeah ballast resistors (with a good set of fins for heat sink) to up the wattage usage to match a standard incandescent.
Or an actual solid state flasher corrector which will do a timed flasher output irrelevant of LED wattage etc.

But for losh, yeah price up stock indicators first.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
They are a good fuel source, as in plenty of heat & burn for awhile?
White gum is not great as it burns to ash. Its ok if you mix it with other wood. Still free white gum is not something to turn your nose up at.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Ordered two new HJC helmets tonight, one for the wife and one for me. Thinking it will be best to have something new. Still like to find new jackets but both of those will be SH. I have a friend from church hopefully bringing one in tomorrow for me to try on. I need a pair of gloves for the wife. I think I have a pair in the shed but blowed if I can find them. Need to have a better look and see if I have got rid of them or if they are in a tub that I haven't been through, or been through properly. Wife might be better off with some regular leather gloves and not actual riding ones that I think I still have regardless.

Marras

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE GTS
Ordered two new HJC helmets tonight, one for the wife and one for me. Thinking it will be best to have something new. Still like to find new jackets but both of those will be SH. I have a friend from church hopefully bringing one in tomorrow for me to try on. I need a pair of gloves for the wife. I think I have a pair in the shed but blowed if I can find them. Need to have a better look and see if I have got rid of them or if they are in a tub that I haven't been through, or been through properly. Wife might be better off with some regular leather gloves and not actual riding ones that I think I still have regardless.
I wouldn’t buy anything but proper riding gloves and safety gear. It’s only one time that you and your wife may need it and it will literally save your skin.
Just having any normal leather gloves is not going to stand up to a fall on the bike.

I would also be wary of eBay stuff as most of it is a copy and doesn’t hold up in an accident.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I wouldn’t buy anything but proper riding gloves and safety gear. It’s only one time that you and your wife may need it and it will literally save your skin.
Just having any normal leather gloves is not going to stand up to a fall on the bike.

I would also be wary of eBay stuff as most of it is a copy and doesn’t hold up in an accident.

The seller I bought from is AMX. They have stores across the country. Are they dodgy? Because I can return them.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
The seller I bought from is AMX. They have stores across the country. Are they dodgy? Because I can return them.

They are reputable. They have heaps of bricks and mortar stores all over the country. Thats pretty much the bar I personally use when buying critical items online.

If they have a physical bricks and mortar presence they can‘t dodge their responsibility for warranties and wouldn’t be selling knockoffs as they would buy their products through official channels.