Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Losh's latest, 955 Triumph Sprint ST

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Those Daytona 675s are wicked!!.
Way back in 2007 when I was thinking of ( getting my Buell ) , but needed try a few more = ( this was only my 3rd new vehicle = all motorcycles ) .
One Saturday test rode a Daytona 675 ,( way too uncomfortable for me as a road/sports bike though ), a Sprint 1050 = nice sports tourer and a BMW RS S1200 = an awesome Saturday !!!
Read before where you said bike and road use !!!
So recon this ( especially ) = nice base = character/useable ,sports/road use !!!
Surely a nice slip on can and tune will make a nice responsive/feel/response.
Also guessing if going to try and use alot more, (than comfort of Black Thunder) , = you want a sports tourer with some nice comfort features, like sports tourer /fairing and add heated grips ( or gloves ) and jacket.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
As I suspected all three main retail auto stores have % off sales this Fri and Sat. So far I can get 4L of Penrite 15w 50 full syn for $80. I will wait until tomorrow and see what SCA's special price is. AB only have 20% off, I was hoping for 25%. AB also have a semi syn 15w 50 for $52. Manual says semi or full syn. Bike shop who sold me the filter and filter wrench reckon they use semi in these. But they also use a 10w 40 apparently which I've been told not to use by my race mech.

Checked specs and semi syn Penrite SL slightly exceeds manufacturer recommendations which is semi or full syn SH.

Probably will end up buying the $80 gear, rather than save $28. Even though it might be fine, I'd hate to regret it later.

Reactions: Lex

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Semi synthetic is ****.
Engines just run cleaner on full synthetic.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Those Daytona 675s are wicked!!.
Way back in 2007 when I was thinking of ( getting my Buell ) , but needed try a few more = ( this was only my 3rd new vehicle = all motorcycles ) .
One Saturday test rode a Daytona 675 ,( way too uncomfortable for me as a road/sports bike though ), a Sprint 1050 = nice sports tourer and a BMW RS S1200 = an awesome Saturday !!!
Read before where you said bike and road use !!!
So recon this ( especially ) = nice base = character/useable ,sports/road use !!!
Surely a nice slip on can and tune will make a nice responsive/feel/response.
Also guessing if going to try and use alot more, (than comfort of Black Thunder) , = you want a sports tourer with some nice comfort features, like sports tourer /fairing and add heated grips ( or gloves ) and jacket.
I'm glad you got that Buell.

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
Yes Lex, it will likely need a tune with a new exhaust. I'm not sure of the cost as info on the Net is a bit vague. Some info points bikes needing a new ECM. Not sure if the factory ECM tune can be altered.

I have an oil filter and oil filter socket now. I will hopefully buy oil over the weekend. I suspect we might see a 25% off sale this weekend at Autobarn.
You know that's not how it works losh. You buy the the oil this weekend, then the the sale is the next weekend.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I ordered a Haines manual today for the Sprint. I bought a PDF factory one a few days ago but it's too hard to use. Too many pages to scroll through and I prefer paper copies of manuals.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
I'm glad you got that Buell.

So am I !!!!!!!
This time I did decide to check out a few different bikes, ( try and rule out the Buell= got to test some nice bikes ) but my heart was set on it.

Different story in 1997 = my 2nd new bike.
My heart was set on a Moto Guzzi Sport 1100 .
Went into a dealer waited and waited = no cxxt wants to see/serve me =WTF.

It would have been a stretch money wise , so glad in a way, but now wish I had experienced ownership of.

Ended up getting TWO Wheels 1996 Bike of the Year ( the Yammy TRX 850 )= very happy , loved that bike !!

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Noticed tonight the Sprint has a hollow rear axle. This will work great when I change the oil this weekend as I will be able to put a rod through it and use my bike stand to get enough height for the drain pan.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
I ordered a Haines manual today for the Sprint. I bought a PDF factory one a few days ago but it's too hard to use. Too many pages to scroll through and I prefer paper copies of manuals.

Just take the pdf factory one in to work and hit ‘print’. :cool: