Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Losh's Series I SS Ute (AKA Black Thunder).

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
1647398535178.png

Anyone ever tried entering a code to get a further discount on an item. If I choose the code I get $15 off. I'm wondering if it would work that I get and extra discount? I can't add it to my car at the above price if I don't accept offer.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I can confirm that I was able to get both discounts applied, final price $91.38. :) :) There seems to be some seller offers being flung about over the last few weeks or so. I'm hoping the headlights in my watchlist get an offer, as I can also get another $25 off with the code.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
@losh1971, you’re definitely a hunter gatherer :p:p:p:cool:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Trying to touch up this one tiny rub through on my new rear door trim. I'm using a fine brush, and then wet rub with 2000, but I keep rubbing through, so frustrating. If I can smooth it off it will be barely noticeable, once I buff and unless you go looking you won't tell it's been touched. I'll persist tonight and hopefully get it. If I can get it smooth I'll hit the panel with the drill buff and some compound tomorrow or Friday.
Found out tonight the door key lock just spins. I pulled the lever and lock off the spare door this eve. Far out they are easy to get off compared to a VR.... I am finding that pretty much everything to do with the VE door hardware and internals are way easier to remove and install than a VR. It's certainly one thing Holden got right compared to early utes.
I'll have to get the lock barrel to a locksmith for rekeying before I get the door touched up and buffed. Only issue is the place who is cheap has moved to the far end of Town and I need time off work to get it there unless I can find someone who can drop it off and pick it up for me.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Holy moly 162 pages! I read page one, what on earth did you do to the thing?!

Will work my way through bits of the thread (have a SSV '07 ute so there's bound to be some good info in here.

I had to buy the 3 plastic pieces of the sailplane (rear cab parts) and will have to get them all painted - all just to tighten the damn tonneau. I had 2 new tonneaus and know how to adjust them - I even tried an original OEM a bloke gave me, it's just the plastic parts at the end spinning in the metal holders - goofy mounts that wear over time (the metal ones that the plastic parts at the end of the aluminium bar with that infuriating "stand up and thus place huge amounts of pressure instead of slotting in horizontally" system. Mechanic and panel beaters both refused to remove the plastic sailplane saying it will crack and break. So I watched YouTube vids and knew exactly how to....do it, I don't know what the fuss was about.

So I did it.
Break it gently that is.

Not sure if you've come across that yet but maaan what a **** around for a flapping bit of tarp. 2 metal pieces, 3 plastic sailplane panels, light and plugs depending on how angry you get as you break it lol
1647495322317.jpeg

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Have had or heard three comments in three days about Black Thunder. Couple of days ago, I had to grab the trims out the tub fir a buyer, and Black Thunder gets the "hello beautiful", I know she wasn't referring to me, unless she had her rose coloured glasses on. Today a group of young boys on mountain bikes asked me to give it a rev, to which I said "nah, not waiting my petrol. Then maked next to a bloke in a VU 6 cyl. When he locks it his mate says "you worried it will get stolen? Bloke said nah, they will steal the one next to me before mine goes...." Hahahaha.
I love my ute, but compared to some real beauties out there it ain't much.....

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Have had or heard three comments in three days about Black Thunder. Couple of days ago, I had to grab the trims out the tub fir a buyer, and Black Thunder gets the "hello beautiful", I know she wasn't referring to me, unless she had her rose coloured glasses on.

Are you sure she didn't see those pearly whites and made comments over them...:p :D The reflection of those pearly whites on the shiny black paint work may have gotten her attention prompting that response