Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Losh's Series I SS Ute (AKA Black Thunder).

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah, I have them in my watch list already. I'd like to buy some at some point to put away for when I need them and they become NLA.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
So Holden Spares still have both the belt mould and the door trim with the weird name. I have ordered the belt mould as it was only $57. However, the other part was $174, so I said no to that. I will use a SH one, because even at $134 from eBay it's too much.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
$157 for a bit of plastic that costs $3 to press and $3 to paint is just rude. Seems greed has no bounds :(

But getting some spares now will protect one from the unscrupulous buggers in future :cool:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Sold a spare set of leather door trims today. I had a look at them and they weren't quite good enough standard to fit on my ute. I paid $120 and sold them for $110. This frees up a few $ to buy something I need fairly soon, or something to put away for ron, or I put it towards paint, dunno can't decide.
I now have a new belt mould to go on in a few weeks when I get the door touched up. I'm kinda keen to grab the gutter moulds but mine are in prime condition and I kinda feel it's waste right now, but they are on sale.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
So thanks to Woteva I decided to have a bit of a play tonight. I managed to pull the trim off mine and then when I was there I thought hmmmm, might be fairly easy to get the frame trim off as well. Yep it was fairly straightforward. The one from the spare door was pretty good. I wouldn't say it was perfect but it's pretty close, and with some compound on a rag it's come nice.
I had a good look at the other door trim with the scratches and they were down to the metal and no way were going to buff out. The spare trim with the funny name had one smaller scratch on the edge, which I have etched and blacked with a tiny brush. I will see how it comes out when it shrinks back and I give it a light rub with some 1500 or 2000.
I'm now looking at the door and wondering if the panel beater can run a line of clear with a fine brush on the one small scratch near the lever and then just block and buff. If he can I'd say I could likely save $250, on the $450 quote, for the door repair. I will try and head out there after work if he doesn’t mind hanging around until 5.30 one day.
20220315_191850_resized.jpg

20220315_191927_resized.jpg

20220315_191841_resized.jpg

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Just put the belt mould on too. Looks so much better.
20220315_203841_resized.jpg

WRX

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holy moly 162 pages! I read page one, what on earth did you do to the thing?!

Will work my way through bits of the thread (have a SSV '07 ute so there's bound to be some good info in here.

I had to buy the 3 plastic pieces of the sailplane (rear cab parts) and will have to get them all painted - all just to tighten the damn tonneau. I had 2 new tonneaus and know how to adjust them - I even tried an original OEM a bloke gave me, it's just the plastic parts at the end spinning in the metal holders - goofy mounts that wear over time (the metal ones that the plastic parts at the end of the aluminium bar with that infuriating "stand up and thus place huge amounts of pressure instead of slotting in horizontally" system. Mechanic and panel beaters both refused to remove the plastic sailplane saying it will crack and break. So I watched YouTube vids and knew exactly how to....do it, I don't know what the fuss was about.

So I did it.
Break it gently that is.

Not sure if you've come across that yet but maaan what a **** around for a flapping bit of tarp. 2 metal pieces, 3 plastic sailplane panels, light and plugs depending on how angry you get as you break it lol

Last edited:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Fcuken designers is all I’ve got to say :p:p:p