Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Losh's Series I SS Ute (AKA Black Thunder).

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I think I'm finally done. I had to get the sheep skin buff out to polish the ceramic spray wax. I gave it a few wipes with cheese cloth but it needed mechanical help to actually finish it tonight.
Used two more towels to finish it. Just need a look over now to make sure I'm happy.

Only problem I have now is cleaning the wax out of the lambswool pad? If anyone has an idea on what to use I'm all ears.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
F*cking Murphys Law... :p

Seriously, I would have bought a rotary with a 150mm or 125mm backing pad, as those sized pads are much easier(and cheaper) to procure.
Think I bought 6" backing plate which came with the polisher. The pads were under $25ea. I may return the orange pad as father in law said my old screw on one is fine. These Velcro pads are way easier than the lambswool bonnet I was messing around with on the Ryobi.

Dylan kingswood

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 s2 Ve ss
I went to Fingal yesterday to pick up a car and was torrential rain from Campbell Town we've only had a few showers down here

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I'm quite impressed with the cheap Detroit. Soft start is awesome and it goes really slow when you need it too. The old Ryobi never went that slow. Setting one and two is great on the Detroit. Should have bought one sooner, haha.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I went to Fingal yesterday to pick up a car and was torrential rain from Campbell Town we've only had a few showers down here

Fingal is a bastard for rain. It can be clear at Mathinna where I used to live, yet it would be pouring at Fingal.

Dylan kingswood

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 s2 Ve ss
Fingal is a bastard for rain. It can be clear at Mathinna where I used to live, yet it would be pouring at Fingal.
Never been that far out before was a slow trip back with a 2wd ranger and a 03 awd impreza wagon on a trailer few decent bends out there haha always wanted to take the dirt squirter up mathina few nice rides out there apparently

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Tons of forestry roads to take out a trail bike.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Called it a night. It's not quite perfect as it really needs one last towelling with a fresh towel and I've run out of towels. But it's damn close to spot on. It will be fine after its first wash and drying. Plus you'd be hard pressed to see its not perfect on the passenger side, I can see its not but I've also been working on it for almost two full days, lol

Attachments

• 20220515_204150_resized(1).jpg
    20220515_204150_resized(1).jpg
    383.3 KB · Views: 82

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
There's something about a black car.
Awesome to look at when clean.
Not so fun to own for those same reasons.

Done well though looking at that pictures.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yep, washing is a weekly occurrence, and its only about three days or one rain between looking good or looking bad. Scratches and chips are the worst thing though. I have to be so careful what I wear when I wash it. Lean against it with a zip or a belt and there goes all that hard work.....